HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > Articles of Interest
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-17-2011, 08:08 AM   #1
Nancy L

TDM1 Associate Marketing Director Position

http://www.simplyhired.com/job-id/3p...director-jobs/

Good job if you have the right skill set. Wouldn't it be great if a Her2 sister held this position--who else would be more motivated?? Looks like Genentech is getting closer to a rollout which is also encouraging news.
Nancy L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 01:03 PM   #2
chrisy

Re: TDM1 Associate Marketing Director Position

I agree, it's encouraging that they are building again. Wish I had a better marketing resume, then I could get it for free!
10/04-3/05 Weekly Taxol/Carboplatin/Herceptin , complete response!
04/05 - 4/07 Herception every 3 wks, Continue NED
04/07 - recurrence to liver - 2 spots, starting tykerb/avastin trial
06/07 8/07 10/07 Scans show stable, continue on Tykerb/Avastin
01/08 Progression in liver
02/08 Begin (TDM1) trial
08/08 NED! It's Working! Continue on TDM1
02/09 Continue NED
02/10 Continue NED. 5/10 9/10 Scans NED 10/10 Scans NED
12/10 Scans not clear....4/11 Scans suggest progression 6/11 progression confirmed in liver
07/11 - 11/11 Herceptin/Xeloda -not working:(
12/11 Begin MM302 Phase I trial - bust:(
03/12 3rd times the charm? AKT trial

5/12 Scan shows reduction! 7/12 More reduction!!!!
8/12 Whoops...progression...trying for Perjeta/Herceptin (plus some more nasty chemo!)
9/12 Start Perjeta/Herceptin, chemo on hold due to infection/wound in leg, added on cycle 2 &3
11/12 Poops! progression in liver, Stop Perjeta/Taxo/Herc
11/12 Navelbine/Herce[ptin - try for a 3 cycles, no go.
2/13 Gemzar/Carbo/Herceptin - no go.
3/13 TACE procedure
chrisy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2011, 01:05 AM   #3
Chelee

I sure hope this is an indication of something positive happening? Sure would be nice if they rolled out the T-DM1 much sooner then we have all been told? That or Genentech sure hires their ppl way ahead of time? Either way thanks for sharing this with us Nancy...it's one of those things that make you go hummmmm?

Chelee
Finished yr of wkly herceptin 3-19-07
3-15-07 Lt side prophylactic simple mastectomy. -- Ooph 4-05-07
9-21-09 PET/CT "Recurrence" to Rt. axllia, Rt. femur, ilium. Possible Sacrum & liver? Now stage IV.
9-28-09 Loading dose of Herceptin & started Zometa
9-29-09 Power Port Placement
10-24-09 Mass 6.4 x 4.7 cm on Rt. femur head.
11-19-09 RT. Femur surgery - Rod placed
12-7-09 Navelbine added to Herceptin/Zometa.
3-23-10 Ten days of rads to RT femur. Completed.
4-05-10 Quit Navelbine--Herceptin/Zometa alone.
5-4-10 Appt. with Dr. Slamon to see what is next? Waiting on FISH results from femur biopsy.
Results to FISH was unsuccessful--this happens less then 2% of the time.
7-7-10 Recurrence to RT axilla again. Back to UCLA for options.
Chelee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 06:23 AM   #4
schoonder

Roche reports the T-DM1 arm in its 1st-line HER2+ MBC phaseII trial had significantly longer progression free survival time, with less side effects than the Herceptin-Docetaxel arm.

http://www.morningstar.co.uk/uk/mark...38501957978184
schoonder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2011, 05:53 AM   #5
schoonder

Easier access to the drug?
Posted yesterday on assertivecancerpatient blog.
"
'The Straw That Broke the Camel's Back'

Dr. Lee called me at about 1 this afternoon to report on his phone call with Dr. Sandra Horning and Terry Rugg at Genentech.
One thing he said is that he thinks my asking to get T-DM1 on compassionate use was "the straw that broke the camel's back," because Genentech has been hearing from so many women recently who are in my situation: they could be helped by T-DM1, but they can't travel to the nearest clinical trial site.
(Remember, there are only 12 phase II trial sites, and there were supposed to be 20, including one in Seattle at the University of Washington Medical Center--that one never opened.)
I assume that the folks at Genentech were discussing the issue before I came along, otherwise I don't think they could have come up with a solution in 48 hours--which is the amount of time that has passed between Dr. Lee's first phone call with Genentech on Wednesday and today's call.
Not that I'm not delighted to have been that straw, if that was indeed the case. My friends may call me "Straw" now and in the future.
So, this is what they told Dr. Lee:
* Genentech is--or has been--working on a broad program for local delivery. (Translation: I could get T-DM1 at Dr. Lee's office. No more traveling to S. California every three weeks.)
* One piece of this will be demonstrating the drug's safety for the women who get it at their local oncologist's office.
I'm not quite sure what that involves, but proving that the drug is safe for me is a cake walk--I got the drug for seven months with no serious side effects of any kind. Any problems I had during that time were not caused by the T-DM1, except that my platelets did drop, but never low enough that Dr. Ibrahim had to cut my dose. And certainly not low enough to put me in any danger.
Also, let's not forget that I am in remission for the first time in years--five or more, I believe--because of the T-DM1.
* Any hospital or cancer center that wants to offer this to their patients will have to do an IRB. I don't know much about IRBs, except to say that these are review boards within a facility that have to approve the plan. Sometimes this can take time.
* Doctors such as Dr. Lee and their cancer centers or clinics will have to be approved and then the doctors will be added to the trial as principal investigators.
* The FDA will have to approve Genentech's plan.
Next week, let's start lobbying the FDA and also the Congressional committee(s) that oversee the FDA.
* The timeline is about three months.
Now, this is amazing, but what am I supposed to do between now and then? My cancer could come back aggressively within the five months or so since my last T-DM1 treatment and the time this program is up and running.
* Dr. Lee thought of that, and asked about it. The answer: Genentech will allow me to return to the trial in Highland, California, even though I have broken the rules by skipping two (three by now, if not four) treatments.
That is truly amazing!
They did say I would have to get to Highland (Ontario airport) on my own, and they are faxing Dr. Lee a list of organizations that they think might help me financially. I'll get that list from Dr. Lee next week, but how much do you want to bet that I've already contacted most of them? I'm not expecting much help there.
So back to fundraising. Sigh. However, three months is only four treatments/trips, so about $4,000. I think I can raise that much.
I can't begin to say how happy this news makes me. I'm going to have a wonderful summer after all! And my life expectancy is pushed out another year, if not longer.
Thanks, Genentech.
And thanks to Dr. Lee. He put a lot of time into this, and he's going to put in a lot more before we have this plan in place. What can I say? He is the most wonderful doctor.
Read more: T-DM1
Feeling generous? See: My Cancer Travel Fund
@ Jeanne Sather 2011"
schoonder is offline   Reply With Quote