HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-12-2008, 05:57 PM   #1
Bill

MS questions

Hi everyone! I know this question is way off of the beaten path for the site, but I know that someone here can help. In a nutshell, I've got a friend who's got a sister who is concerned that she may have MS. I know nothing about MS, but I thought that maybe someone here could help. My friend's sister is 46, and in very good health. Several weeks ago, she began having numbness/ pins and needles in her right arm from her elbow down to the tips of her fingers. 15 years ago, can't remember why, she had a brain MRI and it showed a "spot" that may have been a tumour, couldn't be sure, it was very small. Let's keep an eye on it type thing. Been fine since then. She has no history of cancer. She went to her GP last week, neurologist yesterday, and an MRI scheduled for Monday. It's good that she has a baseline MRI from 15 years ago. The docs. indicate that there is no test for MS, that they just rule out everything else. Is that true? Her arm is bothering her more now and she is keeping it close to her body. She has no headaches. A pinched nerve in the elbow or injury has been ruled out. We will welcome any advice or comments. Thanks in advance. Bill
Bill is offline   Reply With Quote