HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-29-2009, 05:08 PM   #1
Joy

Wednesday night prayers coming from me too

It is funny how quickly we can gain a habit. At least this is a healthy one. Every wednesday, once i realize it is wednesday-you know how that is-i hope, I kick it in for all of us.

I have been missing everyone and thinking about so many of you and following your updates.

I would like to share mine as I am very scared and sad. I have been on Tykerb and Herceptin for 6 weeks ish. Both of which I have been on before and had progression, but never had combined the two.

In the meantime I have not been feeling well. My whole torso feels tight and uncomfortable and sharp pains plague it frequently. I have rationalized it to be so many other things, but today's vist to the onc confirmed, at least by physical exam, what i was fearing. My liver is very swollen. Digestion is weird (full too fast, nothing sets right). We don't know 100% if it is irritated or mets freaking out or what. Markers had come down and then went up a little and enzymes did the same. They have all been worse, but it is the wrong direction. Bilirubin is good and A/G is a smidge low.

So, this is yet another treatment that has not worked. Epirubicin/Cytoxan worked, but we are hesitaant to go there again so quickly. I think that I am no longer her2 pos and that is why DM-1 failed and herc/tyk maybe failing. I am scared, scared, scared. Scared that no treatment is going to work any more, scared that I will never feel well again, scared that just when everything else in my life is exactly where I have always wanted it, that i will be taken.

Any thoughts or success stories after liver swelling would be SO appreciated. Tips or tricks for taking care of this are also very appreciated. I eat a lot of organic produce and grains-a little ice cream now and again-I'm only human. I have been supplementing with:

Milk Thistle
Fish/Krill Oil
Reishi
D
cal/mag
probiotics
lecithan
B's
just adding IP-6 again now
and adding Shitake/Maitake too

would really like to add Vodka today, but probably not a good idea

So Eric, Caryn, Sheila, Gemma, Irene, Marie, Ed and everyone who needs parayers or not-I am sending them with tremendous love and admiration.

dx stage I 2/2000*er/pr+; her- per IHC*lumpectomy*4 rounds A/C*30 rads*tamoxifen*dx stage 4 5/2002*huge mets to liver*tiny mets to lungs*stopped tamoxifen*5/02 taxotere/xeloda*her 2 checked with FiSH-her2+++herceptin *2/03 stopped chemo femara w/herceptin*zolodex*04 switched to aromasin w/herceptin*05 high estrogen tx*11/05taxol/carbo*7/06 stopped chemo; megace/herceptin*9/06navelbine/herceptin*5/07tykerb/xeloda great response*4/08 progression in liver; ooph/ faslodex /herceptin
6/08 began Herceptin DM-1
9/08 progression
Joy is offline   Reply With Quote