HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 08-15-2005, 04:39 PM   #1
*_Cathy_*

I am so grateful and I'm praising the Lord! My catscan showed good results. I have been on herceptin since May and xeloda since June. I had three 5mm spots on my lung, and other spots between my lungs, by my collarbone and under my arm. The scan showed that two of the 5mm spots are now 3mm and one is 2mm. Also, the other things have disappeared!Thank God for these drugs! Most importantly, I have been praying constantly since February and try to attend daily Mass. Keep positive and keep praying. God Bless You All- Cathy
Old 08-15-2005, 06:30 PM   #2
triciak

Cathy, I am so happy for your good news! Keep up the positive thoughts and the faith in the divine healer, and you'll come through it all. I know my being NED has a lot to do with both these things, plus the miracle of herceptin! And of course the positive feedback from this website. Love, Tricia
Old 08-16-2005, 08:06 AM   #3
Lisa

We love to hear great news! Keep it up.

Love and light,

Lisa
Old 08-17-2005, 05:44 AM   #4
Shell

Cathy-

I am on xeloda too and just had siilar great catscan results. (Herceptin does not appear to work for me.) I'm off the xeloda for a few weeks to let the hand/foot syndrome clear up, and when I go back on they wil reduce the dosage, but I too am excited about xeloda...

Regards,
Shell
Old 08-17-2005, 12:56 PM   #5
*_Celina_*

I've heard good things about Xeloda and you're an example! Such good news for you....I predict things will keep moving in a positive direction!
Old 08-18-2005, 03:33 PM   #6

Dear Cathy,

There are days like today, when I, a relatively well woman getting weekly Herceptin, overhear an oncologist taking about the worst-case-scenario to someone else. Many times, doctors have waltzed into my hospital room or I have sat in an office, and pronounced a death sentence over me. I am so humbled in the sight of God, because I know more than ever that I am truly in his hands. No doctor can really cure me and they have told me that. Oh sure, they hope for "the cure", like the polio vaccine, but for now they only control the disease.

Today I had a long talk with a lymphoma patient who told me all about metabolic therapy and the great success rate. He has invested over 100 hours studying it and has even travelled to New York. I had to reply that while it was all interesting and complicated, most patients just want to get well! They don't care how, they just want a pill or shot that will make them better. They don't have the inclination or intellect or MONEY to research something.

This is when I think the most about Christ and his healing of the sick. I realize the he is looking at something far different than our knowledge of an illness. Thank God, for that is just too complex for most people.