HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-12-2007, 04:40 PM   #1
TheresaM

Desperate for hope: anyone er-, pr+, HER2+++ but nonresponsive to Herceptin/Tykerb?

Hello all: I am er-, but pr+ and HER2+++. I never responded to Herceptin (had it with Taxol/carboplatin and then with Navelbine, no response). I'm stage IV and feel I probably only have a few days to live as my lungs are closing up rapidly. To make a long,painful story short (I've never been NED since dx 3.5 yrs ago, at age 38) I am about to try one last desperate thing - faslodex with exemestane.

I've never been on a hormonal due to er- status. Original tumor was also pr- but mets changed to pr+ (still er-) along the way.

anyone else her+++ but NOT responsive to Herceptin, who is er- but pr+, and had success with a hormonal or any other treatment? TYkerb/xeloda was the only treatment of the many I've had that I responded to, and that was for a lousy 7 weeks.

Thanks so much,
Theresa (mets throughout both lungs, lymphs from neck down thru pelvis, pelvic/abdominal tumors, skin mets. Age 41, 3-yr-old daughter, wonderful young husband of 20 years)

treatments, (responded only to tykerb/xeloda):
epirubicin/cytoxin
taxol/herceptin/carbo
navelbine/herceptin
gemzar/cisplatin/avastin
rads
phase II tyrosine kinase inhibitor HKI-272 trial
8 surgeries including oopherectomy, breast, bowel, recently ureter stent surgery for big pelvic tumor..
TheresaM is offline   Reply With Quote