HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 02-18-2007, 01:35 PM   #1
skeetur

My deepest sympathies to you and your family.

Skeetur
01/23/2007 Re-excision Lumpectomy: No clear margins on the DCIS; mastectomy recommended
03/02/2007 Bilateral mastectomy w/ expander implant insertion
03/19/2007 Emergency surgery to fix broken blood vessel in left breast
03/30/2007 Met w/ oncologist; oncologist checking on HER2 status with pathologist and doing some consulting on my case - no treatments for now!
05/02/2007 Next appointment w/ oncologist
skeetur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2007, 02:30 PM   #2
Hopeful

Tom,

I am shocked and saddened by your news. My heart goes out to you and your family. Your mother will always be with us because your loving and eloquent descriptions will live on in our hearts. I have been in awe of your tireless devotion to her. She most certainly knew how very much she was loved by you, and that is the most precious gift of all. Please take care of yourself and post again when you are feeling up to it. You will both be in my thoughts.

Hopeful
Hopeful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2007, 11:17 AM   #3
Vanessa

Tom, I am heartbroken to hear about the passing of you beloved mother. She is equally as lucky to have been loved by you!! You will be in my thoughts and prayers.
Vanessa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2007, 06:24 AM   #4
Becky

Dear Tom

I was away for almost 2 weeks and just returned. I am so sorry about the death of your dear mother. She is living with new angels now since you were truly an angel living on earth.

With deepest sorrow and sympathy.

Becky

Becky

Found lump via BSE
Diagnosed 8/04 at age 45
1.9cm tumor, ER+PR-, Her2 3+(rt side)
2 micromets to sentinel node
Stage 2A
left 3mm DCIS - low grade ER+PR+Her2 neg
lumpectomies 9/7/04
4DD AC followed by 4 DD taxol
Used Leukine instead of Neulasta
35 rads on right side only
4/05 started Tamoxifen
Started Herceptin 4 months after last Taxol due to
trial results and 2005 ASCO meeting & recommendations
Oophorectomy 8/05
Started Arimidex 9/05
Finished Herceptin (16 months) 9/06
Arimidex Only
Prolia every 6 months for osteopenia

NED 18 years!

Said Christopher Robin to Pooh: "You must remember this: You're braver than you believe and stronger than you seem and smarter than you think"
Becky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2007, 12:29 PM   #5
Joy

Tom, Tom, Tom

Oh my goodness, I am so sad, really, really sad for you and your family. What a difficult and emotional transition you are facing. I KNOW without ever having met your mom that she is an amazing person. I know this because of 'knowing' you. You embody ALL those qualities that you love about her. Please take care of yourself. Ask for help and know we all have cyber shoulders for you.

dx stage I 2/2000*er/pr+; her- per IHC*lumpectomy*4 rounds A/C*30 rads*tamoxifen*dx stage 4 5/2002*huge mets to liver*tiny mets to lungs*stopped tamoxifen*5/02 taxotere/xeloda*her 2 checked with FiSH-her2+++herceptin *2/03 stopped chemo femara w/herceptin*zolodex*04 switched to aromasin w/herceptin*05 high estrogen tx*11/05taxol/carbo*7/06 stopped chemo; megace/herceptin*9/06navelbine/herceptin*5/07tykerb/xeloda great response*4/08 progression in liver; ooph/ faslodex /herceptin
6/08 began Herceptin DM-1
9/08 progression
Joy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2007, 02:59 PM   #6
lexigirl

Dear Tom,

I am so very sorry for your loss. Please know that I am thinking of you now.

With tears,

Lexi
lexigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2007, 04:02 PM   #7
Audrey

(((Tom))), I am so sorry to hear about your mother's passing--she sounded like a dear lady and she sure was lucky to have you in her life. Like so many others on this site, I will also be praying for you to find peace and strength in the days ahead.

diagnosed July 2001, at age 36
large tumor, 11+ nodes
Stage IIIb, er/pr-, Her2+
treated with A/C, weekly Taxol
radiation, + year of Herceptin
on clinical trial. double mastectomy
followed by reconstruction
NED!!
Audrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2007, 06:13 PM   #8
Karen Weixel

Tom,

I am very sorry for your loss.

I am sending you healing prayers, peace and strenth.

Karen
Karen Weixel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2007, 09:12 PM   #9
Bev

Tom,

Sympathies as well. From the posts and pics I can tell your mom had an amazing spirit. Someone we all wish we could have known in person. It's kind of selfish, but I'm glad it wasn't the beast.

Please continue to visit. Your posts were very informative. Do take care of yourself. Do something nice for yourself, you deserve it. Thanks for being there. Bev
Bev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2007, 11:52 PM   #10
kat in the delta

Location: MS Delta in Clarksdale="Home of the Blues" (near Memphis,TN)by Misssissippi River/levee's highest pt.
Post kat in the delta

My Dear Friend Tom,
I'd been waiting on a response from you and then I saw this thread. There are no words.....I can say....but ...If I could ...I WOULD...Hug you long and tight--and whisper:" I am so so very sorry".......Dear God, she must have been a faithful servant to Him ,to you, and to your Father..as You have been to her..I know she is with you now...she has truly taken on wings .....Please stay and be with us on this site.or at least come alot and visit....-WE ALL NEED YOU--and love you---You have a dear and delicate heart......I have 3 sons.....only 1 ever gives me attention--HE used to never leave without saying to me, even in a whisper in HS, "I Love YOU, m.." He hasn't said it since he's been in college..but has shown it --HE always comes home to see me and he calls me alot-...".I cannot tell you how much that means to a mother...".You were and still are part of her ......I know she loves you for all you did for her...You made any suffering LESS--just by being there for her........Now, you have to live your life..This change will be hard. Take care of yourself, now, more than ever. You have been blessed by God to have a mother you admired and loved. I would love to hear about her......I need a role model to help me with 3 sons............
Please know that I care about you...as well as many others in this little world on this great site....I pray that God will lift this sadness and its pain from your heart.......dear ,most precious Tom.......
friend forever,
Kat in the Delta
kat in the delta is offline   Reply With Quote