HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 03-31-2004, 11:28 PM   #1
Linda in TX

Well, I almost feel guilty to be posting my good news...and somewhat reluctant to celebrate too much given the recent advice as to the necessity of a routine brain scan (I've never had one). BUT, after 8 rounds of taxotere and weekly herceptin for my breast recurrence and 7.5cm liver lesion, my scans both came back negative. The only thing remaining on my liver is a tiny "wedge" at the tumor site that appears to be scar tissue! I got my first triple dose herceptin yesterday and so far no side effects. I am hoping for a long and successful relationship with herceptin and overjoyed with the thought of NOT having to make the 10 hour round trip to Houston every week anymore! I might even be able to find a bit of the old life I once had again! My prayers are with you all, as always.

Linda
Old 04-01-2004, 12:45 AM   #2
Carlye

Awesome news!!!!!!!!!! Congrats to you! Keep smiling!!
Old 04-01-2004, 12:45 AM   #3
Lori

Linda-

TERRIFIC NEWS! I am sooo happy for you. I love to hear news like that and I only wish the best for you! Wow, 10-hour trips for Herceptin?
Old 04-01-2004, 12:54 AM   #4
JaneP

Congratulations! I thought my 30 mile trip to the onc was bad! I'm happy to be on a three week schedule now too.

Jane
Old 04-01-2004, 12:59 AM   #5
Velva

Linda, Wonderful news! Posts like this keep the rest of us motivated in our search for NED! Thanks for sharing. Velva
Old 04-01-2004, 01:33 AM   #6
Lisa

No guilt allowed! I'm very happy for you. You're living proof that we can all make it to NED, too.

Aside...where do you live in Texas? Though I now live in Colorado, I'm a Texas native.

Love and healing light,

Lisa
Old 04-01-2004, 01:52 AM   #7
Pam

Yes, great news! I'm celebrating your news with you! Thanks for the lift.
Old 04-01-2004, 03:24 AM   #8
Steph N.

That is another success to add the stats that WE women are rewriting for the future!
I am coming up on 2 years NED and had massive and numerous liver mets. Your scar tissue will eventually go away as well.
Enjoy your new-found freedom and the hours of your life that you have back to do other things with! That in itself REALLY helps get one out of the chemo doldrums. Look ahead - not back ...
Old 04-01-2004, 03:43 AM   #9
Chandi

Hi Linda,

Great news. Very happy for you.
We are starving for this kind of news.
Thank you for the post.
hugs
Chandi
Old 04-01-2004, 03:54 AM   #10
Beth

That is terrific news! I had the same results a couple weeks ago with Taxol...it is a great feeling to get a clean scan!
Old 04-01-2004, 06:11 AM   #11
Kitty

Linda,

Awesome news - hopefully mine will as good tomorrow. Here's to many years NED!!!!!!
Kitty
Old 04-01-2004, 07:25 AM   #12
Lolly

Linda,
CONGRATULATIONS! I am so happy to hear your good news, and I think it gives everyone, no matter what their current status, a real boost of encouragement to hear of someone's success. Thanks for sharing that with us, and enjoy the weekend!
hugs, Lolly
Old 04-01-2004, 10:46 AM   #13
Sue C

Congratulations!!! I don't think you should feel guilty. It is nice to hear the good news. Actually very encouraging. We should hear about the good news as well as the bad news. Sometimes I need some lifting and it is always good to hear a tumor shrinkage or disappearance.
Old 04-01-2004, 03:05 PM   #14
lolam

SNOOPY DANCES FOR ONE OF US ONCE AGAIN!!WOOHOO!
CONGRATULATIONS. YOU'RE GONNA LOVE HERCEPTIN BY ITSELF. A PIECE OF CAKE! AND IT WORKS!
hERE'S TO SO MANY GOOD DAYS AHEAD!
HUGS, LOLA
Old 04-01-2004, 11:42 PM   #15
eleanor

Linda,
WONDERFUL NEWS!!!!!
It's always great to hear someone is doing well.
ENJOY you're new status.
hugs
el
Old 04-02-2004, 12:41 AM   #16
Lisa

No guilt allowed! I'm very happy for you. You're living proof that we can all make it to NED, too.

Aside...where do you live in Texas? Though I now live in Colorado, I'm a Texas native.

Love and healing light,

Lisa
Old 04-02-2004, 04:46 AM   #17
Lindaw

Dear Linda
Such good news - that is so great. Can I ask about your reccurrence on your breast ? What was it like?Hope you are celebrating.

love
linda
Old 04-02-2004, 03:05 PM   #18
Elisabeth in Ontario

Fantastic, I am so pleased for you. I have just started my 3rd cycle of weekly taxtere and herceptin for liver/lung mets and my liver functions are normal except for one that is 5 points out of normal range, despite the fact that so far I have only been able to tolerate 2/3 taxotere treatments each cycle due to mouth sores and boarderline counts. This encouraging.
Major Blessings coming your way,
Elisabeth
Old 04-03-2004, 01:00 AM   #19
cathy

congratulations to you and thanks for sharing your good news with us!!! It is always hopeful and helpful to hear stories like yours. Cheers!
Old 04-03-2004, 10:19 AM   #20
Linda in TX

Hi Lisa,

I finally got my computer back from the repair shop....seems to be an ongoing thing lately!

I live in the sticks, a small a community called Norse. Our closest real town is Clifton...which is NW of Waco. What part of Texas were you from?