HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-31-2020, 05:37 PM   #1
Becky

Finally 2021

Happy New Year Everyone!

By this time next year you will all advocate for your vaccination and be safe to see all your family and friends. Be safe, be well, speak up.

You're my people and I love you all!

Becky

Found lump via BSE
Diagnosed 8/04 at age 45
1.9cm tumor, ER+PR-, Her2 3+(rt side)
2 micromets to sentinel node
Stage 2A
left 3mm DCIS - low grade ER+PR+Her2 neg
lumpectomies 9/7/04
4DD AC followed by 4 DD taxol
Used Leukine instead of Neulasta
35 rads on right side only
4/05 started Tamoxifen
Started Herceptin 4 months after last Taxol due to
trial results and 2005 ASCO meeting & recommendations
Oophorectomy 8/05
Started Arimidex 9/05
Finished Herceptin (16 months) 9/06
Arimidex Only
Prolia every 6 months for osteopenia

NED 18 years!

Said Christopher Robin to Pooh: "You must remember this: You're braver than you believe and stronger than you seem and smarter than you think"
Becky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2021, 08:17 AM   #2
JessicaV

Re: Finally 2021

Hi Becky, how lovely it is to see you there and hear that you are 16years NED. I am just waking up to the fact that it is that time of year again: 6th January 2014 was my wakeup call: sitting with a top radiologist called in to check what the young radiologist had seen on my ultrasound and was very worried about. So treatment, survival, thinking it is all behind me and maybe it is. A few hiccups on the way: I missed my final 5yr checkup with my oncologist/surgeon last September 2020 because of Covid 19. I did have a large melanoma cut out by my right collarbone on my previously non-hacked around side of my chest in June/July 2019, which got deeply infected and landed me in hospital twice. Accumulating scars, fighting back. Luckily it was only Grade One, no roots, all gone.

And here I am today, ringing around to book in for an ultrasound of my uterus because I have a worrisome little polyp poking out of my cervix, and I am told may well be an endometrial polyp and given my breast cancer history, they want to check what is going on in there. My physio told me to see my GP, may be nothing but let's be sure. My GP tried to remove it but said it was a bit thick stemmed, so let's send you to a gynaecologist. I went to my family planning GP who told me a bit more about everything. She said that because I had breast cancer, and am now using Vagifem with a pessary, I could be seeing a metastases to the endometrium. She said it came from a long way up the cervical canal. She said they need to check my uterus/endometrium: I may have a cluster of polyps there, or not, and what is there may be benign or not. It was good being told what she was concerned about, but I had a sense that I was only half taking it in, and not asking the questions I should. She wants me to have an ultrasound, and she will advise once the results come back whether I am fine or not or may need further investigation just to be sure from a gynaecologist.

Now this uterine thing. Hmmm. So, my friends I am back asking for a bit of support. I no longer have a supportive daughter: she went weird on me when her first child was 2, and declared war on me and was so savage and cruel. We speak, I am as helpful as I can be and take care of my little granddaughters each Thursday, but she is no longer close, or available. My husband is not someone I can talk to either. So this is hard and lonely.
7 Jan 2014 Radiology: Radiologist turned screen away from me. When asked she said "Not a cyst, very suspicious.See your GP asa results avail."
Cancelled my psych clients for the week.
8 Jan 14 GP: 2.2cm IDC in 6cm DCIS field. FNA=malignant cells. Referred to Surgeon.
Cancelled my psych clients for the month.
13 Jan
14 Surgeon said L mastectomy not lumpectomy, offered neoadjunctive trial, agreed adjunctive chemo after surgery a good choice for me. Booked Body scan and bone scan for staging (both fine) Surgery for16 Jan,
16 Jan 14 Surgeon also agreed in preop meeting to also remove 6cm fatty cyst in job lot. Good job done.
19 Jan 14 discharged home with 1 drain.
22 Jan 14 drain partly pulled out overnight, serious seroma (600 ml reducing removed every 2 days for a month) Serious staph infection because nurse said wait 3 days for yr surgeon appointment.
26Jan 14 pathology: 2.2cm Grade 3(3,3,2)ER-, PgR-, HER2+2 so to be confirmed by Sish test. Node negative. No vascular or lymphatic involvement. No metastases in scans.
30 Jan 14 HER2+ high amplification, 13 gene copies per cell.
21st Feb 14 Began 3wkly TCH adjuvant treatment at The Mount Hospital Perth, with 3monthly MUGA heart tests +Oncologist or Surgeon full physical check-up.
Cancelled my psych clients for 6 months.
Feb 14 First MUGA test: 71%,
First C15.3 test: 20
7th March 14 began Neulasta self-applied injections 24hrs after each TCH treatment. Bonepain helped by spa, heatpacks and
Claritin, reflux/indigestion helped by Somac.
July 14 completed docetaxol and carboplatin, ongoing herceptin to 12 months. Severe cognitive deficit/fatigue after 1pm daily.
Sept 14 Second MUGA test: 69%
Cancelled my psych clients for 2014
Dec 14 Third MUGA test: 70%
Second C15.3 test : 20
Cognitive fatigue delays return to work.

March 2015 Tachycardia pulse 168, night in hospital. Cardiologist says no heart disease, ALIVE ECG attachment for my mobile phone now regular monitoring.
July 2015 Worktrial, up to 8hrs per wk. Fatigue ongoing
Aug 2015 Heart good, no evidence of cancer, just Fatigue.
May 2019 Melanoma 1.5cm Stage 1 by right collarbone(was present as large freckle in 2014 and cut through by breast surgeon to remove fatty cyst at same time as mastectomy.) Melanoma removed leaving scar from shoulder to breastbone. In hospital twice for IV antibiotics. Told catagorically this could not be BC mets.
Dec 2019 Still NED, still fatigue in late afternoon, but have my brain back in the early mornings. So most days I watch the sunrise and hear the birds morning chorus in my bush backyard and am glad to be alive and to be me still.

JessicaV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2021, 09:24 AM   #3
Becky

You know we are always here for you, to support you and have your question list ready to go. I will say that early on I had my ovaries and tube removed because I got my period back after chemo and those hormones raged havoc on my uterus. Super thick endometrium and some polyps. All benign. No hormones and everything went away. Had skin cancer too like you. I am a living hack job.

Stay safe and stay strong. We are here for you and will get you thru this blip in the road.

Becky

Found lump via BSE
Diagnosed 8/04 at age 45
Stage 2A
lumpectomies 9/7/04
4/05 started Tamoxifen
Oophorectomy 8/05
Started Arimidex 9/05
Arimidex Only

NED 18 years!

Said Christopher Robin to Pooh: "You must remember this: You're braver than you believe and stronger than you seem and smarter than you think"
Old 01-06-2021, 01:44 PM   #4
Donna H

Keep on fighting. You are not alone, as everyone here supports you and is here for you.
Donna H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2021, 03:54 PM   #5
jaykay

Echoing Becky and Donna. You will always have support with this group. I also had a melanoma removed from my upper chest; actually right in the middle of my collarbone over 5 years ago. I blame serious sun exposure during my stupid years but who knows?

Kind of surprised re: comment about Vagifem and breast cancer since your signature indicated ER-.
BRCA 1 and 2 negative
October, 2012: Bi Mast with tissue expanders, port placement
Final Path: IDC 2.8cm, DCIS, 1/4 sentinal nodes positive (@#$%). Stage IIB
Nov 29, 2012: Begin TCH/6x/every 3 wks, H for 1 year/every 3 weeks.
March 14, 2013: Finished chemo
April 9, 2013: Begin radiation 28x
May 22, 2013: Finished rads
June 1st, 2013: Started Aromasin for 5 yrs.
July 15, 2013: Switched to Letrozole (Femara). Probably for the rest of my life
October 16, 2013: Exchange surgery
October 31, 2013: Finished Herceptin
December 5, 2013: Port removed
Glad this year is over!

Last edited by jaykay; 01-07-2021 at 03:54 PM.. Reason: Typo
jaykay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2021, 04:17 PM   #6
Mary Jo

Hey Jessica.....I'm sorry you are going through what you are going through right now. It's so hard, isn't it! I'm so happy you are reaching out to us and I am so happy I checked in after a sort of long hiatus. I will be keeping you in my prayers and will check in often to help support you.
"Be still and know that I am God." Psalm 46:10

Dx. 6/24/05 age 45 Right Breast IDC
ER/PR. Neg., - Her2+++
RB Mast. - 7/28/05 - 4 cm. tumor
Margins clear - 1 microscopic cell 1 sent. node
No Vasucular Invasion
4 DD A/C - 4 DD Taxol & Herceptin
1 full year of Herceptin received every 3 weeks
28 rads
prophylactic Mast. 3/2/06

17 Years NED

<>< Romans 8:28
Mary Jo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2021, 02:49 AM   #7
JessicaV

Thanks for the support. All well, saw a great gynecologist who is mostly an obstetrician so much more geared than many male gynies to empowering women by giving full info re options and risks, and letting women make choices. He thought it was just a simple polyp, on its own, and testing showed he was correct.
7 Jan 2014 Radiology: Radiologist turned screen away from me. When asked she said "Not a cyst, very suspicious.See your GP asa results avail."
Cancelled my psych clients for the week.
8 Jan 14 GP: 2.2cm IDC in 6cm DCIS field. FNA=malignant cells. Referred to Surgeon.
Cancelled my psych clients for the month.
13 Jan
14 Surgeon said L mastectomy not lumpectomy, offered neoadjunctive trial, agreed adjunctive chemo after surgery a good choice for me. Booked Body scan and bone scan for staging (both fine) Surgery for16 Jan,
16 Jan 14 Surgeon also agreed in preop meeting to also remove 6cm fatty cyst in job lot. Good job done.
19 Jan 14 discharged home with 1 drain.
22 Jan 14 drain partly pulled out overnight, serious seroma (600 ml reducing removed every 2 days for a month) Serious staph infection because nurse said wait 3 days for yr surgeon appointment.
26Jan 14 pathology: 2.2cm Grade 3(3,3,2)ER-, PgR-, HER2+2 so to be confirmed by Sish test. Node negative. No vascular or lymphatic involvement. No metastases in scans.
30 Jan 14 HER2+ high amplification, 13 gene copies per cell.
21st Feb 14 Began 3wkly TCH adjuvant treatment at The Mount Hospital Perth, with 3monthly MUGA heart tests +Oncologist or Surgeon full physical check-up.
Cancelled my psych clients for 6 months.
Feb 14 First MUGA test: 71%,
First C15.3 test: 20
7th March 14 began Neulasta self-applied injections 24hrs after each TCH treatment. Bonepain helped by spa, heatpacks and
Claritin, reflux/indigestion helped by Somac.
July 14 completed docetaxol and carboplatin, ongoing herceptin to 12 months. Severe cognitive deficit/fatigue after 1pm daily.
Sept 14 Second MUGA test: 69%
Cancelled my psych clients for 2014
Dec 14 Third MUGA test: 70%
Second C15.3 test : 20
Cognitive fatigue delays return to work.

March 2015 Tachycardia pulse 168, night in hospital. Cardiologist says no heart disease, ALIVE ECG attachment for my mobile phone now regular monitoring.
July 2015 Worktrial, up to 8hrs per wk. Fatigue ongoing
Aug 2015 Heart good, no evidence of cancer, just Fatigue.
May 2019 Melanoma 1.5cm Stage 1 by right collarbone(was present as large freckle in 2014 and cut through by breast surgeon to remove fatty cyst at same time as mastectomy.) Melanoma removed leaving scar from shoulder to breastbone. In hospital twice for IV antibiotics. Told catagorically this could not be BC mets.
Dec 2019 Still NED, still fatigue in late afternoon, but have my brain back in the early mornings. So most days I watch the sunrise and hear the birds morning chorus in my bush backyard and am glad to be alive and to be me still.

JessicaV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2021, 05:14 AM   #8
Becky

Yay. It seems for those of us that have had cancer, lots of things continue to pop up along the way. It is not all bad news but it is worrisome nonetheless. I am happy this is now behind you.

Becky

Found lump via BSE
Diagnosed 8/04 at age 45
Stage 2A
lumpectomies 9/7/04
4/05 started Tamoxifen
Oophorectomy 8/05
Started Arimidex 9/05
Arimidex Only

NED 18 years!