HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 01-17-2006, 01:39 PM   #1
al from Canada

from Linda from Canada: thank you for your support

Friends- Thank you for becoming such a supportive and vital part of our lives. I am relieved that Al has access to such reliable information and that people really care about how we're doing. We have been shown the power of both faith and from being informed. Mention of us through prayers is a significant contribution of our spiritual and physical well-being. Every post contains at least one idea that this sickness from brain mets will most likely be short and that much personal strength can be gained from such an experience and from interacting with such diverse people.

Linda
Old 01-17-2006, 01:58 PM   #2
Barbara H.

Dear Linda,
You and Al mean so much to us. You can't imagine how much of an inspiration the two of you are. I have also told your story to help friends and to give them hope when there seems to have been no hope. Al is an incredible resource, and it is wonderful the way he is willing to share it. Therefore you can imagine that I always check his posts, and follow your progress. I was so sad to hear of your setbacks. I continue to think of you and hope that this year will be the year for you to get this disease under control.
Best wishies,
Barbara H.
Barbara H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2006, 02:12 PM   #3
RobinP

Linda,

It is so good to hear from you, I have been praying for you and Al. Sorry to hear of your latest battles; at the same tiime I just know you will do well. You are so lucky to have Al on your team with his knowledge and compassion. Keep strong in the faith that you are going to beat this new development.
Old 01-17-2006, 02:40 PM   #4
Helen

Dear Linda,
You and Al are admirable. You are an inspiration to me. I remember the first time I posted on this board. Al was one of the first to respond. You are very lucky to have him. He is a wealth of information. I am sure you will get through your current situation. I will continue to keep you both in my thoughts and prayers.
Helen
Helen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2006, 06:20 PM   #5
Becky

Dear Linda

I know that your setback will be short and your response to adding Avastin to your mix will be helpful. I think of you and Al everyday and send you all my thoughts, prayers, wishes and strength.

Take a deep breath and go girl!

Warmest wishes

Becky
Becky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2006, 09:30 PM   #6
Lolly

Dear Linda, it's so nice to hear from you, and I too am glad to hear you're adding Avastin. Several at my treatment center have been on it, I was just talking to a friend today at treatment who's been on it for bc mets to liver. She'll be having scans next month to check progress, but in the meantime feels that it's been easily tolerated. Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers.

<3 Lolly
Lolly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2006, 07:18 AM   #7
Cindi

Smile

Linda,

So good to hear from you. Your husband is such a wealth of information to us all.

Glad to hear that you are adding Avastin. I was on it for awhile, but my skin mets progressed. Every drug works differently for each of us. I had Avastin and Gemzar. I was off Herceptin, as Onc. convinced me that Herceptin had failed for me, even though I was strongly HER2+++. I will pray that Avastin will knock those darned "bad" cells out of your body for a VERY LONG cancer free time. As you mentioned, prayer is a big part of the process, as well as knowledge. Prayers have carried me through some rough times too.

Keep the faith.

God Bless,
Cindi.
Cindi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2006, 03:42 PM   #8
lu ann

My thanks to you, Al and Linda, for all that you have contributed to this board. Linda, you have given me such great hope that I can survive this dreaded disease just a bit longer then I origionally thought. Feb. 6, will mark 2 years since mets dx. I didn't think I would live 6 months. You, along with many others on this board have been so brave in your battle. Thankyou and God Bless You. Lu Ann.
lu ann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2006, 10:55 PM   #9
AlaskaAngel

Hi Linda,

We all seem to have different pieces of the puzzle and some are better at putting the pieces together than others, but it still takes all the pieces. You and Al seem to be findings lots of pieces and putting them where they belong, one piece at a time.

All good things to you,

AlaskaAngel
AlaskaAngel is offline   Reply With Quote