HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-19-2005, 08:26 AM   #1
BubblesMom

Question Herceptin and Side Effects

Help!

I am in need of some input. I'm currently receiving herceptin every 3 wks and will continue to do so until next Nov 06. I had some concerns but after reading so many positive postings and receiving encouraging feedback I took the plunge.

I have received only 2 treatments and am noticing some minor (and unexpected)side effects. My eyebrows are thinning out (in a week or so they'll probably be a mere memory), fingernails are growing extremely slow (almost imperceptibly), hair on some parts of my body really thinning (not on my head...knock on wood). I've talked to my onc about this and she in turn emailed the other oncs at the cancer center and no one seems to have seen this before. Is this earth-shattering? Probably not, but a little disconcerting since (a) wasn't expecting this reaction and (b) after the whole alopecia experience w/chemo I was really digging having hair on my head, eyebrows and eyelashes. ;>)

I'd also like to take the time to thank each and every one of you who help to create such a supportive and knowledgeable cyber-community. Joe is an angel right here on earth for all of the blood, sweat and tears that I know he puts into maintaining this site/board. I hope you all enjoy the fellowship, love and family (not to mention good food) of this holiday season!

Denise
IDC Node+(2) ER/PR- Her2+++
Stage II / Grade III
4AC / 4Taxol (dose dense)
33Rad (Finished 9/7/05 YEA!!)
1 yr Herceptin (Finished 9/06)
Found lump...same breast (4/09)
BubblesMom is offline   Reply With Quote