HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > Articles of Interest
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-06-2005, 01:24 PM   #1
Joe
Webmaster

HER2 Serum Testing

Interesting Article

http://www.her2support.org/carney.pdf

Regards
Joe
Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2005, 05:43 PM   #2
Rich

So it seems it would be helpful to have the Bayer serum test as early as possible and at intervals afterwards...perhaps every 4 months if the findings suggest it can pick up preclinical elevations at lower tumor burden.
Old 12-06-2005, 06:57 PM   #3
RobinP

Interesting article Joe. I see where even periodic, every 4 months per say of Her2 serum testing in the adjuvant setting may be of use, to check on disease progression or not and or as a means to monitor adjuvan therapies, particularly Herceptin and Her2 vaccine effectiveness.
Old 12-16-2005, 03:59 PM   #4
Gina

Thumbs up Excellent article...

I think it is important to have the serum her-2 pulled with the CA 27/29 or CA 15-3 and the CA 125 and CEA on a regular basis. In my experience, these numbers are the very first to point to something being active. For years, I have them pulled just minutes PRIOR to each herceptin infusion as this allows us to see them at their peak.

It is also a "fun" experiement to take your herceptin, say on a Monday, if you are doing the every 3- week protocol, then pull your markers on each of the consecutive FRIDAY's till you are infused with Herceptin again...fyi. Very telling data...if you have active mets..the numbers will go up a bit or a lot, each Friday until your next Herceptin infusion...when they will drop rapidly, only to start going up, uP, UP again...just keep pushing that boulder up the her-2 hill, folks..smile..

Gina
GPOPP@Comcast.net
Gina is offline   Reply With Quote