HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 04-04-2009, 12:12 AM   #1
Greg

Question Are we being aggressive enough?

Hello to all of you,

I have been "lurking" here and reading many of your posts since my wife was diagnosed with BC in January. She is 52, has high blood pressure, taking medication but it still remains high and has a tendency to be allergic to many drugs including penicillin and related antibiotics, cipro, ace inhibitors, avapro, iodine/potassium dyes, etc.

She had a lumpectomy in early February, margins clear, 2 sentinel nodes removed, both clear, Stage 1, 1.5 cm tumor, 40% DISC, 60% invasive, Grade 3, ER+ and PR+, HER2+++, OncotypeDX score 38 (26 with hormonal therapy), ER Score = 9.4, PR Score = 7.9, HER2 Score = 11.3.

Our first onc recommended the TCH regimen 6x to be followed by 7 weeks of rad, a year of herceptin and then hormonal therapy for 5 years. My wife nearly had a nervous breakdown worrying about the chemo, particularly the carboplatin. We sought a second opinion at a leading research institution in Seattle. They do not use the TCH regimen and instead recommend taxol and herceptin each week for 12 weeks, followed by the rad, herceptin for a year and hormonal therapy. These guys really seem to know their stuff and feel the carboplatin really adds nothing and that early stage BC is being over treated. My wife is much relieved that she won't have to do the carboplatin and that since it is 12 weeks at a lower dosage she doesn't fear the side effects nearly as much.

My worry is that perhaps this treatment is not aggressive enough given that her cancer is grade 3 and Her2+. I would be very interested in your thoughts. I'm very sorry this turned out to be such a long post. Thank you all very much.
Greg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2009, 12:37 AM   #2
SoCalGal

Hi Greg,
I always think of it as throwing a dart at the dart board of treatment choices. I think that the oncologists like to talk about synergy. They get better results with more chemo. HOWEVER, she is node negative, and ER/PR positive. Those are favorable. I'm sure you know that the idea of adding radiation and chemo is to clean sweep her body.

Honestly, 80% of woman are cured after surgery. We just don't know how to identify them. So doing chemo and radiation is an insurance policy. How much to buy and which kind can drive you nuts but any policy is better than none at all. I understand the fear and worry about chemo. Looking back over the 13 years I've survived, I can say that the fear of each chemo was much worse than the experience. And for me, taxateer was much worse than carboplatin. Hope this helps you sort it all out with her! I'm sure there will be many more replies over the next few days.
‘03 latisimus dorsi flap to remove skin mets. CLEAN MARGINS. Continue single agent Herceptin thru 4/04. NED.
‘04 '05 & 06 tiny recurrences - scar line. surgery to cut out. NED each time.
1/2006 Rads again, to scar line. NED.

3/07 Heartbreaking news - mets! lungs.sternum. Try Tykerb/Xeloda. Tykerb/Carbo/Gemzar. Switch Oncs.
12/07 Herceptin.Tykerb. Markers go stable.
2/8/08 gamma knife 13mm stupid brain met.
3/08 Herceptin/tykerb/avastin/zometa.
3/09 brain NED. Lungs STABLE.
4/09 attack sternum (10 daysPHOTONS.5 days ELECTRONS)
9/09 MARKERS normal!
3/10 PET/CT=manubrium intensely metabolically active but stable. NEDhead.
Wash out 5/10 for tdm1 but 6/10 CT STABLE, PET improving. Markers normal. Brain NED. Resume just Herceptin plus ZOMETA
Dec 2010 Brain NED, lungs/sternum stable. markers normal.
MAR 2011 stop Herceptin/allergy! Go back on Tykerb and switch to Xgeva.
May-Aug 2011 Tykerb Herceptin Xgeva.
Sept 2011 Tykerb, Herceptin, Zometa, Avastin.
April 2012 sketchy drug trial in NYC. 6 weeks later I’m NED!
OCT 2012 PET/CT shows a bunch of freakin’ progression. Back to LA and Herceptin.avastin.zometa.
12/20/12 add in PERJETA!
March 2013 – 5 YEARS POST continue HAPZ
APRIL 2013 - 6 yrs stage 4. "FAILED" PETscan on 4/2/13
May 2013: rePetted - improvement in lungs, left adrenal stable, right 6th rib inactive, (must be PERJETA avastin) sternum and L1 fruckin'worsen. Drop zometa. ADD Xgeva. Doc says get rads consultant for L1 and possible biopsy of L1. I say, no thanks, doc. Lets see what xgeva brings to the table first. It's summer.
June-August 2013HAPX Herceptin Avastin Perjeta xgeva.
Sept - now - on chemo hold for calming tummy we hope. Markers stable for 2 months.
Nov 2013 - Herceptin-Perjeta-Avastin-Xgeva (collageneous colitis, which explains tummy probs, added Entocort)
December '13 BRAIN MRI ned in da head.
Jan 2014: CONTINUING on HAPX…
FEB 2014 PetCT clinical “impression”: 1. newbie nodule - SUV 1.5 right apical nodule, mildly hypermetabolic “suggestive” of worsening neoplastic lesion. 2. moderate worsening of the sternum – SUV 5.6 from 3.8
3. increasing sclerosis & decreasing activity of L1 met “suggests” mild healing. (SUV 9.4 v 12.1 in May ‘13)
4. scattered lung nodules, up to 5mm in size = stable, no increased activity
5. other small scattered sclerotic lesions, one in right iliac and one in thoracic vertebral body similar in appearance to L1 without PET activity and not clearly pathologic
APRIL 2014 - 6 YRS POST GAMMA ZAP, 7 YRS MBC & 18 YEARS FROM ORIGINAL DX!
October 2014: hold avastin, continue HPX
Feb 2015 Cancer you lost. NEDHEAD 7 years post gamma zap miracle, 8 years ST4, +19 yrs original diagnosis.
Continue HPX. Adding back Avastin
Nov 2015 pet/ct is mixed result. L1 SUV is worse. Continue Herceptin/avastin/xgeva. Might revisit Perjeta for L1. Meantime going for rads consult for L1
December 2015 - brain stable. Continue Herceptin, Perjeta, Avastin and xgeva.
Jan 2016: 5 days, 20 grays, Rads to L1 and continue on HAPX. I’m trying to "save" TDM1 for next line. Hope the rads work to quiet L1. Sciatic pain extraordinaire :((
Markers drop post rads.
2/24/16 HAP plus X - markers are down
SCIATIC PAIN DEAL BREAKER.
3/23/16 Laminectomy w/coflex implant L4/5. NO MORE SCIATIC PAIN!!! Healing.
APRIL 2016 - 9 YRS MBC
July 2016 - continue HAP plus Xgeva.
DEC 2016 - PETCT: mets to sternum, lungs, L1 still about the same in size and PET activity. Markers not bad. Not making changes if I don't need to. Herceptin/Perjeta/Avastin/Xgeva
APRIL 2017 10 YEARS MBC
December 2017 - Progression - gonna switch it up
FEB 2018 - Kadcyla 3 cycles ---->progression :(
MAY30th - bronchoscopy, w/foundation1 - her2 enriched
Aug 27, 2018 - start clinical trial ZW25
JAN 2019 - ZW25 seems to be keeping me stable
APRIL 2019 - ONE DOZEN YEARS LIVING METASTATIC
MAY 2019 - progression back on herceptin add xeloda
JUNE 2019 - "6 mos average survival" LMD & CNS new single brain met - one zap during 5 days true beam SBRT to cord met
10/30/19 - stable brain and cord. progression lungs and bones. washing out. applying for ds8201a w nivolumab. hope they take me.
12/27/19 - begin ds8401a w nivolumab. after 2nd cycle nodes melt away. after 3rd cycle chest scan shows Improvement, brain MRI shows improvement, resolved areas & nothing new. switch to plain ENHERTU. after 4th cycle, PETscan shows mostly resolved or improved results. Markers near normal. I'm stunned but grateful.
10/26/20 - June 2021 Tucatinib/xeloda/herceptin - stable ish.
SoCalGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2009, 05:25 AM   #3
WomanofSteel

I believe that any little bit you do extra over the surgery is fine. My onc likes to think that you take care of the matter at hand and don't go into overkill. I hope your wife does well with her treatment whatever you choose.
bcs 8/4/03
bcs 8/21/03 0/16 nodes
tx 4x ca 36 rad tam
postmenopausal 06 aromasin
sept 07 biopsy node in neck
muga/pet/cat/bone mets to lungs nodes and liver stage iv
tx hki-272
tx not working switched to taxol herceptin
Taxol not working switched to navelbine
navelbine is causing bad neuropathy
starting gemzar
gemzar quit on me now on Ixempra due to increasing number and size of liver mets
another progression starting tykerb/xeloda
WomanofSteel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2009, 06:22 AM   #4
Lien

As I'm very allergic to lots of things (foods, inhalants, chemicals) I can understand why your wife is hesitant to do chemo. I was pretty worried about starting hormonal tx. So my onc and I decided to try arimidex first, for a week or two and see how that went. When I had no problems with it, we added Zoladex shots, because I was premenopausal. Surprisingly, I tolerated radiation very well. Hardly had any skin problems and fatigue was manageable. I didn't do chemo, because my tumor was small.

Someone told me that her allergies were less pronounced during chemo. Presumably because her immune system was suppressed.

I hope your wife finds a chemo combo that fits her situation. I think, if I were in her shoes, I'd prefer to take as few as possible. One can develop new allergies, and it's easier to identify individual allergens if one doesn't take a coctail.

Good luck!

Jacqueline
Diagnosed age 44, January 2004, 0.7 cm IDC & DCIS. Stage 1, grade 3, ER/PR pos. HER2 pos. clear margins, no nodes. SNB. 35 rads. On Zoladex and Armidex since Dec. 2004. Stopped Zoladex/Arimidex sept 2009 Still taking mistletoe shots (CAM therapy) Doing fine.
Lien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2009, 06:36 AM   #5
Lani

Flori

where did you get that statistic from for a Her2+ patient who is Grade 3,
T1CN0M0?
Lani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2009, 06:54 AM   #6
Lien

Well, if you'd run those path results for a 50 yr old woman through Adjuvant! you'd find that without further therapy she'd have a risk of relapse around 30%, and hormonal tx would roughly halve that risk. Additional chemo therapy could reduce the risk further by about 8 percent. So a recurrance risk of about 7 percent would remain.

In this estimation an AI was used and a 3d generation chemo regimen, like TAC or FEC times 6.

I have no idea whether the Oncotype score would change the Adjuvant estimates significantly.

Jacqueline
Diagnosed age 44, January 2004, 0.7 cm IDC & DCIS. Stage 1, grade 3, ER/PR pos. HER2 pos. clear margins, no nodes. SNB. 35 rads. On Zoladex and Armidex since Dec. 2004. Stopped Zoladex/Arimidex sept 2009 Still taking mistletoe shots (CAM therapy) Doing fine.
Lien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2009, 06:56 AM   #7
Barbara2

Many cancer patients want their first treatment to be as aggressive as possible for the reason that if it does return, they want to know that they had done everything possible the first time around, thus not having to live with the "what ifs". Having said that, no one or no oncs want to overtreat. It's a tough call. All the best to you, and hope you can get started soon.

DX Oct 02 @ age 52 Stage 2B Grade 3 Mastectomy
"at least" 4.5 cm IDC 1+node ER+61% /PR-
Assiciated Intraductual component with Comedo Necrosis
Her2+ FISH8.6 IHC 2+
5 1/2 CEF Arimidex
Celebrex 400mg daily for 13 months
Prophylactic mastectomy
Estradiol #: 13
PTEN positive, "late" Herceptin (26 months after chemo)
Oct 05: Actonel for osteopenia from Arimidex.
May 08: Replaced Actonel with Zometa . Taking every 6
months.

Accepting the gift of life, I give thanks for it and live it in fullness.
Barbara2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2009, 07:13 AM   #8
BonnieR

I received 3 opinions before deciding on my treatment. One of the oncologist recommended TCH "without the C"! He thought it was the more difficult of the trio and, as you say, would not be adding much. So that is not unheard of in this situation. I ended up taking all 3 and was okay with it. But I totally identify with her anxiety and dread. Big scary decisions are being made. But trust the process and keep the faith.

Post menopause
May 2007 Core biopsy, Rt breast
ER+, Pr-, HER2 +++, Grade 3
Ki-67: 90%
"suspicious area" left breast
Bilateral mastectomy, (NED on left) May 2007
Sentinel Node Neg
Stage 1, DCIS with microinvasion, 3 mm, mostly removed during the biopsy....
Femara (discontinued 7/07) Resumed 10/07
OncoType score 36 (July 07)
Began THC 7/26/07 (d/c taxol and carboplatin 10/07)
Began Herceptin alone 10/07
Finished Herceptin July /08
D/C Femara 4/10 (joint pain/trigger thumb!)
5/10 mistakenly dx with lung cancer. Middle rt lobe removed!
Aromasin started 5/10
BonnieR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2009, 08:19 AM   #9
Debbie L.

First, there are not good answers right now to the questions about stage I HER2+ cancers, especially ERPR positive ones. But there are some answers.

Second, while I am fascinated by Adjuvant!, it doesn't address HER2+ cancer. It does not include this important factor in prognosis (although there's a reference page that says it may be about 1.5 relative risk increase). More importantly perhaps, it doesn't include Herceptin in treatment options. So without those two critical pieces of predictive and prognostic information, it's essentially worthless for HER2+ use (imho). I do not blame Peter Ravdin for this - he's waiting for enough information to become available to include HER2. Right now, even his Genomic version of Adjuvant! is unavailable (undergoing revision) so we can't use it and include your wife's oncotypeDX score, either.

So about carboplatin - if you google carboplatin her2 breast cancer, you'll get quite a few hits. Most are studies of advanced bc but the basic principle (carboplatin seems to add some benefit) is still applicable. There are some adjuvant studies (same google, add word "adjuvant") but all the ones that I found were pay-per-view. Here's a few of the advanced bc ones:

http://theoncologist.alphamedpress.o...stract/9/5/518

http://www.medscape.com/viewarticle/446899

You'd probably like to know exactly how much absolute benefit carboplatin might add. I think that's the question to ask the provider who recommended TCH and also the one who does not use carboplatin. You are entitled to know more than just "we like this one better". We'll hope that their information is similar and your wife can make her choice based on the best information that is available.

Good luck, keep us posted.

Debbie Laxague
Debbie L. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2009, 08:56 AM   #10
Lori R

Greg,
I might be one of the few members of on this site that was Stage IV at the "get go" and did not have the C of TCH.

My Dr. is a respected oncologist in the Denver area and elected not to use the C as she felt it damaged the immune system unnecessarily.

I continue to ponder whether that was the right thing as I am the type of person (incredibly healthy other than this darn cancer thing) that wanted to be as aggressive as possible.

I have a series of scans next week so we'll see how that goes.

Unfortunately, no guarantees in this crazy world of cancer treatment. I'll keep everyone posted as my case is just another perspective of the ART of treatment approaches.

Just providing support that not using Carboplatin is not unheard of.

Lori
Node + 2/14 - Single Liver Met
Double Mastectomy
Nov - Begin T+H
Feb-Complete 6 cycles- T&H- NED
March - Continue - Herceptin Only
April - Rads for 6 weeks
Continue Herceptin - Continue NED
April - Recurrance- 3 cm. Liver Met
May - Cryosurgery
June - November - Abraxane + Herceptin
Aug - PET/CT - CTC = 0 Back to NED
January - Continue NED
July - Recurrance - 3 cm Liver Met CTC=1
August - Cryosurgery #2
August - November Navelbine
November - Back to NED - End Navelbine
Feb - Recur - 4 cm Liver Met - Same Left Lobe
March Surgery it is -Couldn't get a clean margin
July - Confirmed continued liver involvement
August - Begin Herceptin + Tykerb
October - Mixed results from H+T
Add Abraxane + H + T - Nov - April
January PET Scan - It's working!!
April - Back to NED
July - Recurrance
August - Begin TDM-1 Trial (Taxol + TDM-1)
Lori R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2009, 10:19 AM   #11
Mary Anne in TX

Hi Gregg!
I was stage II (you can see the rest in my sign.). I did the Taxol, Carboplatin, Herceptin and did fine with it. I took the meds to keep from being yucky. ma

Diag. 12/05 at age 60
Stage II, Grade 3, 4.5 cm primary tumor
ER/PR- Her2 +3 strongly positive
Her2 by FISH 7.7 amplified
vascular invasion
Ki67 20% borderline
Jan - March '06 Taxotere/Adriamycin X 3 to try to shrink tumor - it grew
April '06 Rt Modified Radical Mas, 7 of 9 nodes positive
April - Aug. '06 Herceptin/Taxol/Carboplatin X 8 (dose dense)
Sept - Dec. '06 Navelbine/Herceptin x 8 (dose dense)
Radiation & Herceptin Jan. 22 - March 1, 2007
Finished Herceptin Dec. 10 '08! One extra year.
Port removed August, 2012.
8 1/2 years since diagnosis! 5 1/2 Years NED!
Mary Anne in TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2009, 10:17 PM   #12
DianneS

Treatment decisions

Hi Greg,

Kudos to you for doing all of the homework for your wife! How lucky she is to have you.

I just finished 5.5 treatments of Taxotere (not Taxol), Carboplatin and Herceptin. I had problems with the Taxotere every time. I had an allergic response which the oncology nurses dealt with by giving me hydrocortisone IV or increasing Benadryl IV. I also had Dexamethazone IV as well as taking it by pill the day before chemo, day of, and several days after to cut down on side effects of the Taxotere, which is standard, but my body just hated the stuff & devised different ways to react each time. The last treatment (March 12) I had a reaction similar to my first infusion: pain and tightness in the chest. Even with all the pre-meds. They ended up continuing the infusion with some saline to dilute the Taxotere. Other people have no problem with it. For me, the Carboplatin gave me no side effects. I am on just Herceptin now.

According to Slamon, the creator of Herceptin, his drug combination of choice is Taxotere, Carboplatin and of course, Herceptin, which is usually given first - at least it was for me, followed by the two other chemo drugs. There is some type of synergy between Taxotere and Carboplatin. My onc said 'it's no cakewalk, but it's do-able'. Course, she didn't have to do it. I had no problem with nausea, and was given Ondanestron in pill form 30 mins prior to IV of Carboplatin, and could take another one 8 hours later but never needed it.

We always wonder if we're doing the right thing when it comes to this. This is a hard decision and if you ask 20 people, you'll get 20 different ideas. I waited until almost 10 weeks to get started with my chemo because I was asking questions. I was told by someone to wait on the Adriamycin in case one has a recurrence as it can only be used once. Adriamycin can't be used in conjunction with Herceptin.

Best of luck and keep the forum posted!
Diannes
DianneS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2009, 07:01 PM   #13
'lizbeth

I skipped the C in TCH. There was a study that showed a higher dose of Taxotere 100/m2 was as effective as the 75/m2 with the carboplatin. I was a wuss and couldn't tolerate the 100/m2.

Also opted out of radiation since I had an immediate reconstruction.

Am making sure I get regular exercise and a better diet. Also trying self hypnosis to build the immune system and stay positive with cancer.

I'm 18 months out from the diagnosis. So far, so good!

Traditional Treatment: Mastectomy and Axillary Node Dissection followed by Taxotere, 6 treatments and 1 year of Herceptin, no radiation
Former Chemo Ninja "Takizi Zukuchiri"

Additional treatments:
GP2 vaccine, San Antonio Med Ctr
Prescriptive Exercise for Cancer Patients
ENERGY Study, UCSD La Jolla

Reconstruction: TRAM flap, partial loss, Revision

The content of my posts are meant for informational purposes only. The medical information is intended for general information only and should not be used in any way to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent disease
'lizbeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2009, 07:04 PM   #14
'lizbeth

I did test for BRCA1 & 2 before I made the decision on the platinum salt, carboplatin or cisplaton. I read somewhere that this type of chemo was more effective on that type of cancer. Had anyone else seen an article on that?

Traditional Treatment: Mastectomy and Axillary Node Dissection followed by Taxotere, 6 treatments and 1 year of Herceptin, no radiation

Additional treatments:

The content of my posts are meant for informational purposes only. The medical information is intended for general information only and should not be used in any way to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent disease
Old 04-05-2009, 07:22 PM   #15
'lizbeth

Greg,

I forgot to mention I'm one of those patients who is allergic to everything. Penicillin, clindamycin, betadine, bacetracin, percocet, and benadryl.

I didn't have any reactions to the chemo.

Additional treatments:

Old 04-06-2009, 10:09 AM   #16
mamacze

Glad you posted!

Hi Greg,
I am so glad you decided to transition from a "lurker" to a "poster" -welcome!
I am not sure my voice will add much to the wisdom you already have here - but I would like to surround you both with a virtual hug - now is a scary, uncertain and focused time for you both. The fear of side effects before the first chemo is very high.
All I can offer is experience; I am er/pr - and her2+++ I was diagnosed with Stage 4 at the get-go, with mets in all 4 lobes of my lungs and my liver. I had a first go around with Herceptin and Navelbine - and have been on maintenance Herceptin since. I also participated in the U of Washington vaccine clinical trial. I became a vegan and have worked my way up to 1 hour of aerobic exercise per day. I have been NED (no evidence of disease) since that fateful day of Stage 4 diagnosis in April 2004, and am still going strong.
You are in the right place - you will learn - and in time contribute.
Love Kim from CT

2004 - Stage 4, mets to 4 lobes of lungs and liver, lumpectomy, er/pr -, her2 neu+++, Herceptin and Navelbine then Herceptin only.

2005 - Breast Ca vaccinations with the Tumor Vaccine Group in Seattle

2011 - Still Herceptin only and NED

2011, June - STOPPED Herceptin and kicked up my heels!

2012, February - 1 small tumor came back to haunt me in my lungs - back on Herceptin only, tumor stable.

2015, November - tumor on lungs removed (Segmentectomy), back on Herceptin only
Received U of W vaccine clinical "booster" Vaccine

2022 On Herceptin and NED continues - WOOT WOOT!
mamacze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 01:04 PM   #17
MJo

One of my biggest fears about chemo was allergic reaction, since I'm allergic to penicillan (had anaphalaxis) and I've been an asthmatic since childhood. I was especially afraid of Herceptin, and had myself tested for allergy to mice, since mouse embryo was used to line the dish where herceptin culture was grown (don't know if they still create herceptin that way). Also afraid of Taxol, because it's derived from ewe tree. Happy to say that allergies were not a problem for me.

I went to a lecture by a respected oncologist and he said he treats agressively when someone is first diagnosed because you have a chance for a cure. If cancer recurs, it's chronic Stage IV.

By the way, I absolutely believe that we will be able to cure Stage IV in the future. I believe that some stage IV cancer is being cured now. But it's not the norm yet. So I hope your wife will be as aggressive as possible.

IDC, Stage I, Grade 2
Oncotype DX Score 32
Her2++ E+P+, Node Neg.
Lumpectomy 11/04/05 Clear Margins
3 Dose dense AC (Couldn't tolerate 4)
4 Dose dense Taxol & Herc. (Tolerated well)
36 weeks Herceptin (Could not complete one year due to decrease in MUGA score)
2 years of Arimidex, then three years of Femara
Finished Femara May 2011
MJo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 05:24 PM   #18
Greg

Wow! I was out of town and came back to check for responses and I am astonished at how many of you took the time to reply! Thank you all so much. Each of you have a different perspective and it is so helpful to be able to hear your experiences and absorb your knowledge. It definitely helps to know we aren't alone in this and we will say a prayer for each of you.

Tomorrow we get the port installed and Wednesday meet with our onc again to discuss the two options. The chemotherapy will probably begin next Monday. I am anxious to get started so that we can finish. I hope that all of her fears will result in her deciding that the actual treatment wasn't as bad as she thought. Easy for me to say, I'm not the one going through it. I imagine we will be around this group for quite sometime and once again, thank you all, you are the greatest!
Greg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 10:02 PM   #19
Bill

Hi Greg! I'm sorry that I can't help with your chemo. questions, but I can say that you and your wife are now part of a very wise family here. It does get easier once you begin the process. Right now everything is swirling around you and seems so overwhelming, but you are taking the right steps to deal with this situation. Gather knowledge wherever you can. We can already tell, you are a great source of strength and comfort to your wife. Please keep in mind, though, you must take care of yourself properly so that you can take care of her. At times, she will need to draw "strength" from you, and you must be able to give it. Rest when you can, eat as healthy as you can, and nurture your soul/spirit in your own fashion. Please let us know how we can help. Thoughts and prayers, Bill
Old 04-06-2009, 11:31 PM   #20
Alice

Hi Greg,
I can't add much to what has already been said. I did do the most agressive aproach to my situation but I was stage 3 and that can make a difference. I had carbo with taxol and hercepitin. It was eisier than A/C but not by much. I just wanted to commend you for the support you are giving to your wife and let you know that she will never forget it. You are at the best site to gain knowledge ever.
Best of luck,
Alice
Best
Alice is offline   Reply With Quote