HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 06-11-2008, 04:28 PM   #1
NanaKaren

I too, as with everyone else am stunned to hear of Lolly. Her last post gave no indication as to how really ill she was. My heart is breaking at losing another sister. I loved that smiling picture of her and is how I will always remember her. NanaKaren
micromet in sentinel node
Sept.05 Lt.lumpectomy/bilat.reduction
Oct.05 4 rounds of AC/12 rounds of Taxol with Herceptin
Radiation 5 weeks
Herceptin only until Jan.07
Started Femara-stopped
Started Aromisin-stopped
Currently on Arimidex with a great deal of pain
Stopped Arimidex
Taking Tamoxifen
Karen
NanaKaren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2008, 05:04 PM   #2
Bill

Bo, thank you for your post. I'm fairly new to this site, and didn't "know" your mom very well, but she did reach out to me during very difficult times, and I will always be grateful to her for that. She was an amazing woman, and just from reading your one post, I can tell that you are an awesome young man. You are full of your mother's spirit and a walking, living tribute to her. Live your life well in her name and continue to fight the good fight. Peace to you and your family, Bill
Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2008, 05:27 PM   #3
dhealey

I am at a loss for words over this news. This disease knows no boundaries! My prayers go out to sweet Lolly's family.
4 rounds A/C, 4 rounds Taxol
Herceptin every 3 weeks until Jan. 2008
6/18/07 prophylatic mastectomy R breast
8/2007 started aromasin/stopped arimidex (side effects)
12/07 stopped aromasin due to side effects (now what?)
Finished herceptin 1/8/08
started tamoxifen for 2 years then will switch to femera
allergic to tamoxifen started femera 4/2008
June 20, 2008 portacath removed
Learnig to live life to the fullest!
Stopped Femera due to side effects
July 28, 2008 start trial for breast cancer vaccine
dhealey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2008, 06:45 PM   #4
juanita

Add my prayers to all of the many so far!
1 yr herceptin,
juanita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2008, 07:09 PM   #5
TriciaK

What heartbreaking news!

Thank you, Stephanie, for sharing this sad news with us. Lolly has been such an inspiration to me from the first time I posted on this site, as I know she has to all of us. She was one very special lady and a true Warrior. She will be so sorely missed here. I can't even imagine what her wonderful family is going through.
Bo, your letter was amazing and touched us all so deeply. Thank you! We all loved your mother, and appreciated how she shared herself with us here on this website. I know you have wonderful memories and I pray they will bring blessings and comfort to all your family. TriciaK
TriciaK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2008, 08:10 PM   #6
hutchibk

Bo - your mom was an angel on earth. I know that she is getting the rest she deserves, and I know she will always look out for us and her family. This is just so heartbreaking. Love to you and your dad and all of your family. Your mom was an amazing person. And always know that she is the brightest star in the night sky.

NOV 2012 - 9 yr anniversary
JULY 2012 - 7 yr anniversary stage IV (of 50...)

Nov'03~ dX stage 2B
Dec'03~
Rt side mastectomy, Her2+, ER/PR+, 10 nodes out, one node positive
Jan'04~
Taxotere/Adria/Cytoxan x 6, NED, no Rads, Tamox. 1 year, Arimadex 3 mo., NED 14 mo.
Sept'05~
micro mets lungs/chest nodes/underarm node, Switched to Aromasin, T/C/H x 7, NED 6 months - Herceptin only
Aug'06~
micro mets chest nodes, & bone spot @ C3 neck, Added Taxol to Herceptin
Feb'07~ Genetic testing, BRCA 1&2 neg

Apr'07~
MRI - two 9mm brain mets & 5 punctates, new left chest met, & small increase of bone spot C3 neck, Stopped Aromasin
May'07~
Started Tykerb/Xeloda, no WBR for now
June'07~
MRI - stable brain mets, no new mets, 9mm spots less enhanced, CA15.3 down 45.5 to 9.3 in 10 wks, Ty/Xel working magic!
Aug'07~
MRI - brain mets shrunk half, NO NEW BRAIN METS!!, TMs stable @ 9.2
Oct'07~
PET/CT & MRI show NED
Apr'08~
scans still show NED in the head, small bone spot on right iliac crest (rear pelvic bone)
Sept'08~
MRI shows activity in brain mets, completed 5 fractions/5 consecutive days of IMRT to zap the pesky buggers
Oct'08~
dropped Xeloda, switched to tri-weekly Herceptin in combo with Tykerb, extend to tri-monthly Zometa infusion
Dec'08~
Brain MRI- 4 spots reduced to punctate size, large spot shrunk by 3mm, CT of torso clear/pelvis spot stable
June'09~
new 3-4mm left cerrebellar spot zapped with IMRT targeted rads
Sept'09~
new 6mm & 1 cm spots in pituitary/optic chiasm area. Rx= 25 days of 3D conformal fractionated targeted IMRT to the tumors.
Oct'09~
25 days of low dose 3D conformal fractionated targeted IMRT to the bone mets spot on rt. iliac crest that have been watching for 2 years. Added daily Aromasin back into treatment regimen.
Apr'10~ Brain MRI clear! But, see new small spot on adrenal gland. Change from Aromasin back to Tamoxifen.
June'10~ Tumor markers (CA15.3) dropped from 37 to 23 after one month on Tamoxifen. Continue to monitor adrenal gland spot. Remain on Tykerb/Herceptin/Tamoxifen.
Nov'10~ Radiate positive mediastinal node that was pressing on recurrent laryngeal nerve, causing paralyzed larynx and a funny voice.
Jan'11~ MRI shows possible activity or perhaps just scar tissue/necrotic increase on 3 previously treated brain spots and a pituitary spot. 5 days of IMRT on 4 spots.
Feb'11~ Enrolled in T-DM1 EAP in Denver, first treatment March 25, 2011.
Mar'11~ Finally started T-DM1 EAP in Denver at Rocky Mountain Cancer Center/Rose on Mar. 25... hallelujah.

"I would rather be anecdotally alive than statistically dead."
hutchibk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2008, 09:48 PM   #7
Leslie's sister

I'm so sorry

What a shock. I wasn't expecting another sister. And Lolly. Enough already. Thank you for posting the news Steph. And thank you Bo for your words regarding your mom. She was a familiar name on this site and will be sorely missed.

What sad news. I pray for Lolly's family and all here to find the peace and comfort that our loving Father offers.

Lisa
5 cm. Her2Neu+++, ER-, PR-
1 positive node out of six,
double mastectomy 6/9/06;
TCH started 7/12/06
last chemo 10/25/06
herceptin ended 6-11-07
Leslie's sister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2008, 01:19 AM   #8
belle

My sincere condolences to Lolly's family. I am deeply saddened to hear this news. I admired Lolly as a person and agree with all previously said posts that she was an amazing woman.

Bo, I agree with Bill, you seem to have picked up after your mom. The same warmly shining light who comes out a winner no matter what. Be a walking living tribute to her.
belle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2008, 06:20 AM   #9
Diane H

Will miss her very much, what a shock - cannot seem to comprehend ....... bless her beautiful soul.
Diane H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2008, 10:10 AM   #10
sherri

I'll walk 60 KM in Sept. in her memory

I have joined to walk 60 KM in first week of September in her memory; walk to end breast cancer. I'll put her name on my T-shirt and I'll tell everyone about her beautiful soul. She is one of the kind you can never forget. Bo your mom will be missed by anyone who had a chance to know her even with one short e-mail. My dear Lolly rest in peace until we meet in a better world.
Love for ever!
sherri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2008, 01:01 PM   #11
Unregistered

Hi, Lolly's daughter here

Hi everyone, I just wanted to add my thanks to Bo's for all the kind messages. We really had no idea that she had such an impact on everyone here - she was always so humble. But I'm not really surprised. Throughout my entire life, she has always been such an inspiration to me, and I don't think there is anyone whose advice and approval meant more to me. Except Dad, of course... Bo and I really hit the parent lottery. We are so lucky.

I just wish each and every one of you could have met her in person. She always had a smile on her face, was so patient and kind, and god she was strong... she never complained to me about being sick, not once. She had such grace, and was just a naturally positive person. If it was ever work to keep that positive attitude (and I'm sure it must have been, at times), she just never showed it. Dad and Bo and I were laughing yesterday about one time when she really got annoyed with Dad and tried to flip him off.... and gave him a thumbs up instead. Negativity was just not in her nature.

I miss her so much... but I keep telling myself that while she definitely didn't deserve all she had to go through with this damn disease, she did deserve the peaceful end she had. I am thankful that it was so quick, and that at least at the end she wasn't in much pain. And that Dad, who was truly her soul mate, was with her.

Thank you, all of you who knew her, for your friendship to her over the years. I know it meant a lot to her. And thank you for all the love and support you are sending our way - it means a lot to us. I don't know how we'll get through without her... but I know that somehow, we will. We owe it to her not to let her loss cripple us. We were so lucky to have had her for as long as we did.

Anneliese
Old 06-16-2008, 07:23 AM   #12
anne2

I am shocked

How sad. I also saw her last post, just a few days ago. I will always remember Lolly as welcoming me to the site back some 4 years ago. In fact when I googled her 2 support, her name first appeared in the description for the website. I was always inspired that she fought for so long and had a great attitude. I will miss her. My thoughts and prayers to her family.
Love,
Anne
anne2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2008, 06:58 AM   #13
Soccermom1955

So sad..

Unbearable news...Lolly has a special place in my heart as do so many of us...May the memories of happier times bring her family solace...

Sadly,Marcia
Old 06-12-2008, 01:18 PM   #14
TSund

My first response is to be so really, really ANGRY that anyone, much less one so very good and kind as Lolly could be taken away. And then her continued presence in all those she touched reminds me to remember that which she valued and to try to live as she did; replacing those negative emotions with extended love to all the world. I'm afraid I'm not nearly so good at it as Lolly. She was amazing.
Bo, and Anneliese, you carry on her legacy of love. Thank-you so much for sharing, it means a great deal.

Terri
Breast MRI showed 2 enlarged nodes, not palpable
100%ER+, 95%PR+, HER2+++
6x pre-surgery TCH chemo finished 9/15/7 Dramatic tumor shrinkage
1 year Herceptin till 6/08
MRM 10/11/07, SNB: 0/4 nodes + Path: tumors reduced to only a few "scattered cells"
now 50% ER+, PR- ???
Rads finished 1/16/08
Added Tamoxifen,
Finished Herceptin 05/08
NOW is the time to appreciate life to the fullest.
TSund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2008, 03:12 PM   #15
charlotte

I was very sad to read this post...Lolly will be missed.
charlotte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2008, 05:09 PM   #16
Bill

Anneliese, (what a beautiful name), your mom was such a wonderful woman. Thank you for sharing a glimpse into your private memories. The next time I get angry at someone and want to flip them off, which never happens, so I'll have to pretend to be mad at one of my friends, I'm going to give them "the Lolly". You seem to be a living mirror of an amazing mother. Please feel free to keep in touch here, if you want to. You're in our thoughts and prayers, love, Bill
Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2008, 05:39 PM   #17
NanaKaren

Oh, Bill leave it to you to think of "the Lolly". I love it. I will also use the the thumbs up jesture now myself. And you are right. How nice of Bo and Anneliese to share their mother with us. I grew up in Corvallis where Lolly lived and everytime I saw her smiling face, I too smiled. My heart is breaking again for one of our sisters. NanaKaren
micromet in sentinel node
Sept.05 Lt.lumpectomy/bilat.reduction
Oct.05 4 rounds of AC/12 rounds of Taxol with Herceptin
Radiation 5 weeks
Herceptin only until Jan.07
Started Femara-stopped
Started Aromisin-stopped
Currently on Arimidex with a great deal of pain
Stopped Arimidex
Taking Tamoxifen
Karen
NanaKaren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2008, 07:20 PM   #18
Liz J.

My Deepest Sympathy and Condolences to Lolly's family. She was a very special lady. I haven't posted much in the past 6 months or so, but whenever I did she replied in the most upbeat and sincere way.

Rest in Peace Dear Lolly.

Sincerely,

Liz J.
Liz J. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2008, 11:26 PM   #19
lexigirl

No words. Just plain saddened.

We will miss you Lolly.

Lexi
lexigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2008, 01:01 AM   #20
AbbyDawg

Lolly, you were a treasure to us ... and we can see so much of your love still with us in your family. It was an honor to know you ... and you will never, ever be forgotten!

AbbyDawg
AbbyDawg is offline   Reply With Quote