HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 07-10-2007, 08:41 AM   #41
Joy

here's a twist

I have definitely experienced lost libido over the years with treatments and in and out of menopause etc. I'm considered post menopausal now, I think. I, fortunately have not had weight problems and I'm kinda proud of that, especially as the years go by.

The twist part is that I'm not dry and I have a new sense of libido. But here is my stupid problem, that I've written about before-so forgive me-I have not had a date in over 4 years. I would love to date someone (Johnny Depp, Bono, Eddie Vedder, George Clooney-you know a date ).

My friends are very encouraging about how I look right now (as we all know with this damn disease that can change fast), but I just don't know how to put myself out there with this diagnosis. I'm not shy or anything, but I just feel like such a lemon that no one could be interested and that I can't hide it or lie about it either.

And besides having desire for a little 'sexy time', I just miss male energy in my life. And I bet a lot of you mamas know that experience. My friends are fantastic and they are all women, which if forced to decide I'd pick them over anything. I have 2 daughters-t-rif-and even our 2 cats and puppy are girls. My ex is just my ex and doesn't satisfy the male energy thing.

My friends have great husbands who are my friends too and many are attractive and fun and flirty, which we all have a good time with, but I don't hang out with them much AND they are my friends' HUSBANDS.

When I had no libido it was really easy to resign myself to the fact that I would never have a date or sex again in my life. Now that for whatever reason it has come back I'm having a sadder time with that. I'm still technically in my 30's at least til October, my friends have said nice things about how I look, including the husbands, I have hair again and I would like to think that I can be fun to goof off with, but I just don't think that can happen.

I'm really just venting and I appreciate you reading and letting me do that since the subject of sex has come up and very importantly so. I'm so happy for all of you who are rediscovering and enjoying time with you guys-it is so important and for those who haven't gotten there I so hope you find the thing that works and that you feel as feminine and beautiful as I know you are.

dx stage I 2/2000*er/pr+; her- per IHC*lumpectomy*4 rounds A/C*30 rads*tamoxifen*dx stage 4 5/2002*huge mets to liver*tiny mets to lungs*stopped tamoxifen*5/02 taxotere/xeloda*her 2 checked with FiSH-her2+++herceptin *2/03 stopped chemo femara w/herceptin*zolodex*04 switched to aromasin w/herceptin*05 high estrogen tx*11/05taxol/carbo*7/06 stopped chemo; megace/herceptin*9/06navelbine/herceptin*5/07tykerb/xeloda great response*4/08 progression in liver; ooph/ faslodex /herceptin
6/08 began Herceptin DM-1
9/08 progression
Joy is offline   Reply With Quote