HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 01-12-2007, 08:45 PM   #21
karen raines hunt

Angela,

I hope the chemo went well today. You are in my thoughts and prayers to get through this second round of chemo.

Karen
2 positive axillary lymph nodes
ER+/PR+, Her 2 +++
Bilateral mastectomy, radiation, reconstruction, A/C, Taxol, Herceptin, Tamoxifen, Aromasin
5 yrs since diagnosis and NED
karen raines hunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2007, 09:26 PM   #22
Lolly

Angela, hope you're feeling ok after your first day of the second round in this fight. I will never forget my first day of treatment after recurrence. I "felt" Herceptin and Navelbine working against the cancer, and by the next morning felt the cancer nodules were smaller and softer...maybe my "imagination" but after 6 months I was in remission, so I'm wishing a great response for you too! You'll do fine, and we'll be here to celebrate with you!

<3 Lolly
Sept.'99 - Dx.Stage IIIB, IDC ER/PR-, HER2+++ by IHC, confirmed '04 by FISH. Left MRM, AC x's 4, Taxol x's 4, 33 Rads, finishing Tx May 2000. Jan.'01 - local/regional recurrence, Stage IV. Herceptin/Navelbine weekly till NED August 2001, then maintenance Herceptin. Right Mast. April 2002. Local/Regional recurrence April '04, Herceptin plus/minus chemo until May '07. Gemzar added from Feb.'07-April '07; Tykerb/Abraxane until August '07, back on Herceptin plus Taxotere and Xeloda Sept. '07. Stopped T/X Nov. '07, stopped Herceptin Dec. '07, started Avastin/Taxol/Carboplatin Dec. '07. Progression in chest skin, stopped TAC March '03, started radiation.

Herceptin has served as the "Backbone" of my treatment strategy for over 6 years, giving me great quality of life. In 2005, I was privileged to participate in the University of Washington/Seattle HER2 Vaccine Trial.
Lolly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2007, 10:21 PM   #23
Vanessa

Best wishes. You are in my thoughts and prayers. Keep up the fight!
Vanessa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2007, 08:59 AM   #24
MGordon

Visualize Positive Results

You can do it and all of us here will continue to support you in your fight...

And by the way, cry ALL you need to and do not worry about others. Maybe through your tears you can actually reach out to someone, gain and/give support and make a new friend!

Lisa had a rating system for her days. She had her APPLE days, because apples are firm and crisp and good. She had her ORANGE days, not quite as crisp and you had to work to peel through the day but it was still sweet. Her LEMON days that even as she tried to peel through the day it could be sour instead of sweet. And lastly she had her ONION days - days that no matter how many layers she peeled away were days full of tears.

Looking back, I think it was almost always on her ONION days that she would meet someone new, reach out to them and they would comfort each other. Never be afraid to cry - by crying you are revealing your humanity and opening yourself up to recieve more love.
Old 01-13-2007, 06:00 PM   #25
mslinda

2nd time around

Angela, so sorry you are having to go through this again. This is my biggest fear that the cancer will return. I will be praying for you. Just keep a very positive attitude, and put those "big girl panties" on. Every one on this list is so courageous and brave. I know you can be too.

Linda
IDC, ER-PR-, HER2Neu+++
7mm tumor, Stage 1, Grade 3
6 CAF's
38 Rads
Finished 10/05

"Worry looks around. Sorry looks back. Faith looks up."
mslinda is offline   Reply With Quote