HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 01-12-2006, 12:19 PM   #21
StephN

Red face Church address

I knew this news would get a lot of response. Lola was breaking new ground for us and many of us were following her progress and so hoping for the best.

Silly me - in case you missed Bob's post about Lola farther down the list, here it is with an address of the service (I am sending a card):

Lola Ann passed away at 8:55pm on Monday evening, the 9th of Jan. She died peacefully at home with her husband, Bob and his son, Paul at her side. She has been fighting with MDS and GVHD for several months now after leaving Seattle. She spoke often of this board and others she was on to me. So I wanted to let all of you know. Her memorial Service will be held at 1pm on Saturday afternoon, on the 21st of Jan. The service will be at Shilo Hills Fellowship on 207 E. Lincoln Rd , Spokane, WA. 99208
Thank you all for your support of Lola.
Bob Mattfeld
StephN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2006, 12:54 PM   #22
Patty H

I had followed Lola's journey through her transplant. I loved her post and I had even printed out one of her prayers because I knew when I read it, that it reflected what we feel so much of the time. I had thought of her lately and had wondered why she hadn't posted. She made me laugh with her humor and lifted me up when I felt down. She will be missed by many. Patty H
Patty H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2006, 08:50 AM   #23
Kim in CA

I was totally caught off guard at the news of Lola's passing. I had hoped/assumed that she was doing better. I know she was a kind and gentle person with huge heart and I would have loved to have met her. I am deeply saddened and yet so angry at this news. I will try to honor her spirtit and keep up the good fight until there is a cure. My heart and prayers go out to her family.

Kim in CA
Kim in CA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2006, 06:51 PM   #24
lindaw

Lola

I have just returned from holidays and have not been able to access emails.Am trying to read all the posts but have just been shocked by the passing of Lola.
I was so hoping things would be ok for her for a while.I feel very sad.
love
linda
lindaw is offline   Reply With Quote