HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 08-08-2006, 01:44 PM   #1
kat in the delta

Location: MS Delta in Clarksdale="Home of the Blues" (near Memphis,TN)by Misssissippi River/levee's highest pt.
Thumbs down kat in the delta

Sadie et al...,
I have been thru A/C,rad,masc,1yr of herceptin. Now, since my cancer has not spread beyond the Positive lymph nodes, my Onc, wants to give me Arimidex.--[I was slightly er+],[pr-]
HOW HAS ARIMIDEX affected YOU ???
My ONC. wants to also give me a dose of Zometa-as my bone density was not so good.
I know it was the first for postmenapausal women,which I am. (52 &was checked)
There is also Femara, which made my sister's bones & jts. ache, so her Onc. changed her to Aromasin.(She was NOT her2++,luckily).
ANYONE ELSE ON ARIMIDEX ??? HOW HAS IT AFFECTED YOU???
kat in the delta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2006, 05:02 PM   #2
sadie

Kat,
I have been on Arimidex for about 20 days now. I've noticed in the past 2 weeks, I have been a little crabby. But that could also be from the heat wave we had last week, plus I have been much busier every weekend this month (fun things,tho) and there is alittle more stress at work right now (end of fiscal year).
So it's hard to say whether or not the moodiness comes from the Arimidex or circumstances. Not to forget, my 1 yr anniv is coming up for when I had my physical & mammogram.
I just noticed today, that I have some peach fuzz on the cheeks (the whole area in front of the ears). I am assuming that is from the Arimidex because it is a hormone blocker, but I can't say for sure. Other than that, I don't think I am having any side effects from it. If my onc asks, I would stay on it. I am also 52 post menopause.
Sentinel node neg
Her2+++
ER+ / PR weakly+
sadie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2006, 09:15 PM   #3
kat in the delta

Location: MS Delta in Clarksdale="Home of the Blues" (near Memphis,TN)by Misssissippi River/levee's highest pt.
Post kat in the delta

1 thing my surgeon said last week was that: now they are looking at only giving HERCEPTIN to her2+ people, and not any other chemo. my 2cents, kat in the delta
Old 08-06-2006, 09:04 PM   #4
kat in the delta

Thumbs down kat in the delta

Why fish oil ??? doesnt it make you gain wt ??kat in the delta