HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 12-31-2007, 09:32 PM   #21
Bill

Wink

Happy New Year, Juanita! After reading Marejo's post, I decided to share something with you all. I hope not to upset anyone. Nikki passed away on a Sunday. The Friday before, I had a lift chair delivered, and my best friend picked up a new mattress and box springs and brought them to the house. At the same time, we were putting the finishing touches on an awesome ramp we built on the front of the house. That morning, as I talked to Nikki back in the bedroom, I told her that I felt with everything going on that day ( I had to move all the furniture by myself, and take down two beds and relocate them by myself, and everytime Nikki had to get out of bed, I had to lift her into her wheelchair) that physically I might not be able to do what I had to do, and I was really worried about failing her and letting her down. As she lay there, she told me that I was worrying too much and that I could never fail her. She listed all of the things that I had done for her, and then she said,"You're too stressed right now. What if you were to pass away right now, you'd die all stressed out, is that the way you want to go? We never know when our time is up." After that, I felt calmer immediately. She was right. She was wise beyond her years. Praying for Peace for you all, Bill
Bill is offline   Reply With Quote