HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 05-30-2006, 05:58 PM   #21
Berta

I have just learned that the Livestrong organization has a program called LegalHealth that provides legal counsel for Cancer Survivors. Maybe they can help. BERTA
Berta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2006, 07:10 PM   #22
LovingDaughter

I would love to meet you! I live just down the road from the Cracker Barrel. Were you referred to Dr. Degham? My mom's oncologist is Dr. Dickman at Hillcrest. We are very happy with the care he gives my mother.

Thank you so much for responding to my post! I hope that you are doing well and will keep you in my thoughts and prayers!
Old 05-31-2006, 07:23 AM   #23
lu ann

Dear Vi Schorpp and Loving Daughter

Are you familiar with the Gathering Place located in Beachwood? This place is for anyone touched by cancer. It is funded by donations and all services are free. They have all types of programs available from art to yoga. There is another lady on board here that lives in the Cleveland area, named Audrey. I havn't met her in person yet but I bet she would also like to get together for lunch. My e-mail adress is ludysmith@yahoo.com.

Loving Daughter, I see that you are disappointed with the way some people have been treating you and your mom. I had the same experience years ago when my mom was dieing from cancer. She had a best friend who just lived across the street from her who never once came to see her. I was very angry at the time, but learned that some people just can't bring themselves to go to that place that makes them feel so vulnerable and helpless about death and dieing. I have found that to be true in part with some of my old friends. But, I have been embraced by most of the people who I call friends now. Some of them have even called me a roll model and have learned more about living with trials through seeing me live my life to the fullest that I can.

Just hang in there. I would gladly talk with you and your mom. There are also support group meetings at the Gathering Place for you to attend. My sister attended and it helped her through this with me.

Love and Blessings from Lu Ann
lu ann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2006, 10:08 AM   #24
Vi Schorpp

Changing the Chemo schedule

Loving Daughter

Just a thought...when I had my AC treatments I had them on Friday afternoons. That allowed me to work half a day then leave for the afternoon. I had Saturday and Sunday to "recoup," but I remember taking an extra day after my last treatment. Maybe this schedule could help your mother.
Vi Schorpp is offline   Reply With Quote