HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 12-31-2007, 04:31 PM   #21
Patrice

Thank you R.B. A Happy and healthy New Year to everyone. I'm looking forward to that book!

TriciaK. - I'm so sorry about the loss of your granddaughter. There are no words.

All my best,
Patrice
Patrice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2007, 05:04 PM   #22
WomanofSteel

Talking

Happy New Year to one and all! I received some wonderful New Year's news. I had my first test results since beginning on the hki-272 and my lung mets are gone and the node in my neck has shrunken considerably. Also, one of the largest masses on my liver went from over 10cm to a bit over 7 and there are no new mets. So, I am a happy camper this day. A happy and healthy one to all of you.
bcs 8/4/03
bcs 8/21/03 0/16 nodes
tx 4x ca 36 rad tam
postmenopausal 06 aromasin
sept 07 biopsy node in neck
muga/pet/cat/bone mets to lungs nodes and liver stage iv
tx hki-272
tx not working switched to taxol herceptin
Taxol not working switched to navelbine
navelbine is causing bad neuropathy
starting gemzar
gemzar quit on me now on Ixempra due to increasing number and size of liver mets
another progression starting tykerb/xeloda
WomanofSteel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2007, 05:18 PM   #23
Bill

Smile

Hi WomanofSteel! Glad to hear the good news! That's the way to bring in the new year! Keep up the good work. It's always a wonderful thing to hear stories of success. Peace and love to you and yours, Bill
Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2007, 05:23 PM   #24
Bill

Tricia, I'm sorry to hear of your loss. I've prayed that you and your daughter and all of your family receive comfort and peace. Love to you, Bill
Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2007, 07:51 PM   #25
Patb

Happy New Year to all. Its getting close, just over two hours on East
coast. I'm having it all-- steak, lobster, red wine, cake or pie or both.
Cheers. I will toast you all. Good health and wonderful days in the sun.
patb

Diagnosed June, 06, Stage I, Grade3, ER+PR- Her2positive, No Nodes. A/C X 4. Radiation 33 with boost, Herceptin every two weeks until Nov.
07, Arimedex for 5 years. Mugas and Echo and chest xRay. Bone scan of whole Body, and Back of Brain and spine MRI.
CT scan of Lungs every six months
due to two small places. December
2009, bone scan due to bone pain.
Follow up test in 2010.
Patb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2008, 02:39 PM   #26
Andrea Barnett Budin

Location: LAND OF YES! w/home in Boca Raton, Florida Orig from L.I., N.Y. Ever hovering IN THE NOW...
Wink Dear Tricia And All!!!

Tricia, Tricia... You never cease to amaze me. Your beautiful face delights me, as do all your posts. You are wise and one of the most grounded, balanced people I have ever had the honor to know. You are a role model to me! You have fought with all your mind -- body, mind and Soul. You have bent your mind about unwanted realities and found a way to make peace with them. You are obviously connected to your Truest Self, your Higher Self, and you just radiate glory. It would be impossible not to love you!

I am, of course, deeply saddened by the loss of your oldest granddaughter and your daughter's ongoing struggle to somehow accept this harsh truth. Surely, her Spirit goes on, as death is not the end of our story. She still IS in the most sacred of ways, in the Spiritual Realm, apart from us, yet with you forever. And you will meet with her again, when it is time. NO RUSH!

Meanwhile -- how does one accumulate 32 grandchildren and 32 great grandchildren?! How many children did you have?? Upon reading of just one great grandchild (your newest blessing!) I was covered in a shivery chill of sheer bliss for you. This is a dream and a goal of mine that I dare to harbor! Nothing is impossible, right Tricia?! How amazing Life is. Filled with drama, new life and the end of one (as we know it), yet I feel certain we move on, or *pass on* to another way of being, far more blissful and serene than we've ever known. We go *home*... And Life goes on...

Sending you my deep admiration, my sincerest condolences, my heartfelt congratulations and my prayers for you, and all of us, to enjoy a new year full of fresh possibilities we once thought unattainable. We are each so much stronger and braver than we ever imagined. In our darkest moments, this is revealed to us.

HAPPY 2008!
Andi

'95 post-meno dx Invasive LOBULAR w/9cm tumor! YIKES + 2/21 nodes. Clear mammo 10 mnths earlier. Mastec/tram flap reconst/PORT/8 mnths chemo (4Adria/8CMF). Borderline ER/PR. Tamoxifen 2 yrs. Felt BLESSED. I could walk and talk, feed and bathe myself! I KNEW I would survive...

'98 -- multiple mets to liver. HER2+ 80%. ER/PR- Raging, highly aggressive tumors spreading fast. New PORT. 9 mnths Taxotere Fought fire w/fire! Pronounced in cautious remission 5/99. Taxotere weekly for 6 wks, 2 wks off -- for 9 mnths. TALK ABOUT GRUELING! (I believe they've altered that protocol since those days -- sure hope so!!)
+ good old Vit H wkly for 1st 3 yrs, then triple dosage ev 3 wks for 7 yrs more... The "easy" chemo, right?! Not a walk in the park, but not a freight train coming at 'ya either...

Added Herceptin Nov '98 (6 wks after FDA fast-tracked it for met bc). Stayed w/Vit H till July '08! Now I AM FREE! Humbly and eternally grateful for this life-saving drug! NED since '99 and planning on keeping it that way. To hell w/poor prognosis and nasty stats! STOPPED VIT H JULY '08...! REMAIN STABLE... Eternally grateful...Yes is a world & in this world of yes live (skillfully curled) all worlds ... (e e cummings) EVERY DAY I BEAT MY PREVIOUS RECORD FOR # OF CONSECUTIVE DAYS I'VE STAYED ALIVE. Smile KNOWING you too can be a miracle. Up to me and God now...
Andrea Barnett Budin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2008, 02:50 PM   #27
Andrea Barnett Budin

Location: LAND OF YES! w/home in Boca Raton, Florida Orig from L.I., N.Y. Ever hovering IN THE NOW...
Wink P. S.

PINKIE -- I PUT ICE TEA IN YOUR GLASS!

BILL -- *OUR* ONLY TRADITION IS TO FEAST (COCKTAIL FRANKS ARE A MUST!), DRINK (& NOT DRIVE) AND BE MERRY, GRATEFUL FOR WHAT WE HAVE, NOT FOCUSING ON WHAT IS NOT TO OUR LIKING. AND WE CLICK GLASSES AND TOAST SPECIFICALLY TO A WONDERFUL AND FRESH NEW YEAR. WITH GOOD HEALTH BEING OF UTMOST IMPORTANCE. HERE'S TO LOVE AND LAUGHTER, HARMONY AND HEALTH!! AND PEACE AND FREEDOM THROUGHOUT THE WORLD, TOO!! AS LONG AS WE'RE TOASTING...

WE WATCH THE BALL GO DOWN IN NEW YORK'S TIMES SQUARE (IN THE COMFORT OF OUR HOME) AND THEN KISS AND HUG EVERYONE WE CAN REACH -- AS THE CLOCK STRIKES MIDNIGHT (IN OUR WORLD). I'M SURE YOU HAD A PRIVATE CONVERSATION W/NIKKI AT 12:00 AND SHE WAS WITH YOU...

IT NEVER FAILS TO FASCINATE ME AS I WATCH THE NEW YEAR BEING CELEBRATED IN THE MIDDLE OF MY DAY -- HAVING ALREADY OCCURED IN NEW ZEALAND AND AUSTRALIA, AND OTHER PLACES ON THIS VERY SAME PLANET, THAT ARE ON DIFFERENT TIME ZONES. IT MYSTIFIES ME... LIFE IS A MIRACLE! SACRED AND FULL OF REASONS TO CELEBRATE, EVEN AS WE MOURN...

Andi
'95 post-meno dx Invasive LOBULAR w/9cm tumor! YIKES + 2/21 nodes. Clear mammo 10 mnths earlier. Mastec/tram flap reconst/PORT/8 mnths chemo (4Adria/8CMF). Borderline ER/PR. Tamoxifen 2 yrs. Felt BLESSED. I could walk and talk, feed and bathe myself! I KNEW I would survive...

'98 -- multiple mets to liver. HER2+ 80%. ER/PR- Raging, highly aggressive tumors spreading fast. New PORT. 9 mnths Taxotere Fought fire w/fire! Pronounced in cautious remission 5/99. Taxotere weekly for 6 wks, 2 wks off -- for 9 mnths. TALK ABOUT GRUELING! (I believe they've altered that protocol since those days -- sure hope so!!)
+ good old Vit H wkly for 1st 3 yrs, then triple dosage ev 3 wks for 7 yrs more... The "easy" chemo, right?! Not a walk in the park, but not a freight train coming at 'ya either...

Added Herceptin Nov '98 (6 wks after FDA fast-tracked it for met bc). Stayed w/Vit H till July '08! Now I AM FREE! Humbly and eternally grateful for this life-saving drug! NED since '99 and planning on keeping it that way. To hell w/poor prognosis and nasty stats! STOPPED VIT H JULY '08...! REMAIN STABLE... Eternally grateful...Yes is a world & in this world of yes live (skillfully curled) all worlds ... (e e cummings) EVERY DAY I BEAT MY PREVIOUS RECORD FOR # OF CONSECUTIVE DAYS I'VE STAYED ALIVE. Smile KNOWING you too can be a miracle. Up to me and God now...
Andrea Barnett Budin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2008, 04:57 PM   #28
fullofbeans

Greetings to all of you!

I wish you all either great health improvement or a good continuation as well as lots of joy an hapiness for 2008!

We take 12 grapes and eat them at the stroke of midnight and during the following 12 bell ring each time making a wish as you eat a grape..

35 y/o
June 06: BC stage I
Grade 3; ER/PR neg
Her-2+++; lumpectomies

Aug 06: Stage IV
liver mets: 6 tumours
July 06 to Jan 07: 2*FEC+6*Taxotere; 3*TACE; LITT
March 07- Sept 07: Vaccination trial (phase 2, peptide based) at the UW (Seattle).
Herceptin since 2006
NED til Oct 09
Recurrence Oct 2009: to internal mammary gland since October 2009 missed on Oct and March 2010 scan.. palpable nodes in May 2010 when I realised..
Nov 2011:7 mets to lungs progressing fast failed hercp/tykerb/xeloda combo..

superior vena cava blocked: stent but face remains puffy

April 2012: Teresa Trial, randomised to TDM1
Nov 2012 progressing on TDM1
Dec 2012 blockage of my airways by tumours, obliteration of these blocking tumours breathing better but hoping for more- at mo too many tumours to count in the lungs and nodes.

Dec 2012 Starting new trial S-222611 phase 1b dual egfr her2+ inhibitor.

'Under no circumstances should you lose hope..' Dalai Lama
fullofbeans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2008, 06:50 PM   #29
Soccermom

Dear Her2 friends,
We spent our NY EVE in front of the TV. DD (soon to be 15)just got home from a trip out West to see her half brother and SIL. She got to be in snow and ski for the very first time...how cool! Its been a long three years since my diagnosis to my recon and she has been a real trooper through all this upheaval in her young life.
I am recuperating from Stage 2 revisions ( DIEP reconstruction ,Dec 18th) and still have the dan*ed drains, so was just happy to veg in my recliner and Hang with my family (2 English Spr Spaniels, 1 Cat and DH,and DD)
May we all be blessed with a Happy and Healthy 2008...along with a CURE!

many hugs to you all,
marcia

XOXOXO
Soccermom is offline   Reply With Quote