HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 05-16-2006, 08:07 PM   #1
Tom

More on d-limonene

I hope I didn't post this a long time ago, but forgive me if I did. Some time ago I added a new formulation of CoQ-10 to Mom's supplements. Life Extension Foundation (www.LEF.org) added d-limonene to their version of CoQ-10 to make it more readily absorbable, as CoQ-10 binds easily to oils. What is not often mentioned, is that d-limonene, a component in orange oil from citrus rinds, has been shown to cause G-1 cell cycle arrest in some cancers, as well as promote apoptosis. When I read about this, I began grating the entire rind of one orange into each pot of Mom's fresh-brewed green tea. It is difficult to calculate what serum levels of d-limonene are achieved with the combination of ground rind and CoQ-10 with d-limonene, but I feel it is worth the effort. If you do any research on d-limonene, you will find articles on this little mentioned monoterpene. Below is one article that I came across.

http://www.mskcc.org/mskcc/html/1157...dID=493&tab=HC

P.S. I wanted to thank everyone that had such supportive posts and suggestions recently when I went through a bad scare with Mom's treatment. Had I not received such encouragement, I might not have as aggressively pursued the second and third opinions that resulted in a far different outcome.
Tom
Tom is offline   Reply With Quote