HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 02-17-2006, 02:24 PM   #1
connie

? lung mets

Hello Friends,

I am almost 4 years out from dx of IBC (her2 +++, ER/PR -).... My last CT showed 2 areas on my lung (16mm & 1 cm) which also showed up on PET. I went to see a cardio-thorasic surgeon last week and am scheduled for an open biopsey Wed... Has anyone been in my very overwhelmed shoes? What to expect? What treatment? I'm still hoping that it is a fungus ball but with the nature of the beast I am not betting on it!

Thank you sooooo much, Connie
Old 02-17-2006, 02:40 PM   #2
Sherryg683

I am very much in your overwhelmed shoes. With my original dianosis in December, they found 2 nodules in my lungs which lit up on the pet. One was right under 1cm, the other was 7mm. Where they were located on my lungs and the size of them my Oncologist said that a biopsy wasn't possible or reliable, so we decided to treat them as Cancer. I immediately went on Herceptin, Taxotere and Xeloda. I just got my results back from my 6 weeks scan and the lung nodules are pretty much GONE! He said the results were great being i had only had 2 complete treaments. On another note, a couple of small liver lesions that showed up on my liver, but did not lite up as Cancer on the first Pet scan, also had shrunk to half their size, they are now sub centimeter size. I was a little bummed with this because I was hoping the liver lesions were benign but it seems to be leaning towards they also being cancer. BUT...THEY ARE SHRINKING ALSO!!! My treatment is working and he figures they'll be gone soon. So don't freak, they'll put you on some treatment that will nuke those small nodules if they are cancer....sherryg683
Sherryg683 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2006, 09:31 PM   #3
mamacze

Dear connie,
This is a scarey time for you...I am glad you had the presence of mind to log on and see how others have coped...I had mets to all 4 lobes of my lungs, I am er/pr - and Her 2 +++ .. I started Navelene and Herceptin in May 2004 then Herceptin alone in December of 2004 and I have had No Evidence of Disease since December of 2004...so hang in there...and let us know how the biopsy goes...Love Kim from CT
mamacze is offline   Reply With Quote