HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 02-17-2006, 03:25 PM   #1
Sherryg683

6 week Scan results..GOOD NEWS..sort of

I've been on Taxotere, Herceptin, and Xeloda for 6 weeks. I was diagnosed in December with 1.5cm IDC..Her2++. Original Pet scan showed 2 small sub centimeter nodules in my lungs that lit up positive for Cancer. A couple of axillary lymph nodes also lit up positive. The Pet also showed that I had 2 liver lesions that had not taken up the dye for Cancer, so we went on the assumption that they were not, they were not in a location to biopsy. WELL... today I got my 6 week CT scan back to see what progress was made. My lung nodules and lymph node nodules are for all purposes GONE! Doc said there was just a tiny trace left of one lung nodule and it was pretty much history. The SORT OF good news is that the liver lesions also SHRANK in half...they are now sub centimeter, very small. This is leaning us in the direction that they were also Cancer that just didn't light up on the PET. Doc said that every now and then a liver lesion that is not cancerous will shrink with chemo, but most likely it is cancerous when changes occur. He was very pleased with the way the treatment is working and said we couldn't have asked for better results in 6 weeks. I was a little bumed about the dang Cancer getting into my liver also but he said it really didn't change my prognosis at all, that the liver lesions will be gone soon also. So all is good on the home front..the glass is half full, not half empty..Another scan in 6 more weeks..hopefully those boogers will be nuked!...sherryg683
Sherryg683 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2006, 03:50 PM   #2
RhondaH

Sherry...

Your attitude of the "glass is half full" is GREAT...keep it up. I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers. Take care and God bless.

Rhonda
RhondaH is offline   Reply With Quote