HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > Profiles In Courage
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 12-11-2005, 07:41 PM   #1
Joe
Webmaster

Sorry fo the delay

Preston,
We just returned this evening (Sunday) from the San Antonio Brest Cancer Symposium and quite honestly ws surprised to see your post as male bc with HER2+ ws discused on the exhibit floor between us and other advocacy groups.

Unfortunately your numbers are very few, but that doesn't mean that you are not welcome here. Although I am not an oncologists, I am certain that the rules that apply to the women on this website also apply to you. We do have several men on this site but in a caregiver capacity.

Feel free to join our activities, the women here are too intelligent and sophisticated to be inhibited by having men in their ranks.

If in the future you are successful in your search for others and decide to remain on this website, I can launch a seperate area for your group to meet. You would also have the benefits of sharing the enourmous amount of knowledge and infromation available on this site as well as access to our medical experts who support our endeavors.

Warmest Regards
Joe
Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2005, 09:06 PM   #2
Gina

Preston...please stay with us..smile...

I have had her-2 mediated breast cancer (with mets) for over 8 years and this site is BY FAR...the best place you could be..smile...

Sounds like the treatment you are currently undergoing is state of the art...you might want to add some olive oil to your daily regimen and plenty of magnesium, zinc, vitamin A and vitamin D as in fish or shark oil....lots of the folks here use flax seed and recommend it...you will just find so many well-informed people who care here that you will soon feel like you have known us all your life..smile..best wishes, Gina
Gina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2005, 09:11 AM   #3
saleboat

Preston-- we want you!!!

Preston-- I can only imagine what it is like to have to face this disease feeling alone. I too have felt a little different than the majority of those facing breast cancer as I am 'young,' at least for this disease (35). I hope you know that you're welcome here, and that there is a great deal of information and support on this site.

Here's a link to a story on a male survivor of bc-- just thought you might find it interesting.
http://www.cnn.com/2005/HEALTH/02/22...breast.cancer/

Jen
saleboat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2005, 05:43 AM   #4
preston45

thanks

Thank you all for the help ,things are going well for me and I feel very well now .
There are just days I want to know more about this thing that has changed my life ,and I feel like it has changed forever . I have a family history of cancer and
have lost a lot of family to cancer ,but thanks for all the help .
preston45 is offline   Reply With Quote