al from canada

Here is a link to recent studies on flaxseed:
www.thensome.com/flaxseedlinks.htm
Regards,
Al
Old 07-31-2005, 07:30 PM   #2
al from canada

As well,
Phytoestrogens are only present in flaxseed preparations that contain lignans.....without the lignans, there is no hormonal activity. The oil from flaxseed contains no lignans.
A.
Old 07-31-2005, 08:12 PM   #3
*_Sandy H._*

Al I am sorry to dispute your saying there is no lignans in flaxseed oil. I use Barlene's flaxseed oil and it is 100% organic and unrefined. It also contains 2660 mgs of lignans per serving. Barlene's contains the highest amount of lignans. I purchase it direct from the maufacture and get it for wholesale price because I am a cancer patient. Blessings, Sandy
Old 07-31-2005, 10:05 PM   #4
*_tami_*

HI Sandy -

Thanks for the tip - I currently buy Barleen's from a healthfood store. I take 1 tbsp/day and am hoping that buying direct is cheaper than the $16 per 16 oz bottle I currently buy.

Many thanks!
Old 08-01-2005, 05:52 AM   #5
*_Sandy H._*

Tami: I get it from the manufacture for $16.32 32 oz. which is half. The 800 number is on the bottle and when you order it tell them you are a cancer patient otherwise you will be charged the other amount. You do not have to show proof that you are a current or past cancer patient. They are very nice and will take your word for it. You can ask for a booklet of information on how healthy it is for us and the booklet is free. Hugs, Sandy
Old 08-01-2005, 09:47 AM   #6
*_TriciaK_*

Thanks, Al! That is a great link.You are always so considerate and helpful! I haven't made the muffins yet (turning on an oven to bake in Az. summers is kind of avoided!) But I will get up early some morning or do it late at night as I'm anxious to try them. I do make flaxseed pancakes using kamut pancake mix and they are delicious, so I know the muffins will be too. Thanks to Sandy, too, for the info on where to get the flaxseed oil. So far I haven't found an oil that was very tasty---how do you disguise the taste, or do you take capsules? Are there any smaller capsules to be found anywhere? I appreciate all the suggestions and info from all of you! Hugs, Tricia
Old 08-01-2005, 02:44 PM   #7
*_Sandy H._*

I mix the oil with low fat cottage cheese and some kind of fruit. Can fruit or berries as I have those in the freezer. Can use your imagination. hugs, Sandy
Old 08-01-2005, 06:22 PM   #8
al from canada

Sandy,
I read the (very long) essay on the Dr. Budwig diet. Just curious on your impression of it, any medical research on it, etc.

Thanks,
Al