HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 04-16-2004, 08:59 AM   #1
lauren

Lisa, and others who have recurred after finishing their herceptin trial, did you have any symptoms?

THanks,

Lauren
Old 04-16-2004, 10:35 AM   #2
Lisa

Hi Lauren. The only symptom I had was a lump over my left collar bone, which was the side of my original cancer. It kept getting larger and my Oncologist sent me to my surgeon for a needle biopsy. Then I developed two smaller lumps on the right side.
Old 04-16-2004, 10:53 AM   #3
Lolly

Hi Lauren,
My symptoms were tiredness, enlarged lymph nodes at the base of my neck and just above my collar bone on side of original bc, and a rash over the lymph near the neck; the skin and lymph were biopsied, and by the time I started Herceptin/Navelbine I also had a mass under my right breast and in the breast itself.
Be aware of unusual tiredness, and any odd lumpiness or skin lesions, as those were my first symptoms.
With that said, TRY NOT TO WORRY! It doesn't change anything, and diminishes your enjoyment of life. Every day is precious, whether we have cancer or don't. I wish I had lived my life before cancer with as much appreciation as I now do, and I have to laugh whenever I think of all the little things that used to bother me that now seem so small. Live, love and be happy!
Hugs, Lolly
Old 04-16-2004, 11:18 PM   #4
Sandy

WELL SAID Lolly. I am doing the same with my life. Hugs, Sandy
Old 04-16-2004, 11:41 PM   #5
Jackie

Hi Lauren,
Hate to add anything after Lolly's wonderful outlook! They certainly are words for all of us to heed. Anyway, my recurrence was to the bones and I experienced bone pain in the rib area. Thought it was muscle issues at first but it went on too long to be that innocent. Don't overeact life's normal aches and pains, but when something out of the ordinary seems to persist for over a period of time (like for a month for example), it's time to check things out with your dr. Good luck to you!