HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 04-16-2004, 05:27 AM   #1
lindaw

Dear All
I had to be re staged as a result of the skin mets - again. The bone scan was clear - except for the little osteonecrosis - which hasn't changed. Also the ct scan was clear - so that was good news. I will see my surgeon on Monday and talk about the biopsy and maybe the prospect of the removal of larger skin and grafts as it is so local. Not sure about this but have had some great info from a lovely lady on another list who had the op and hasn't had a reoccurrence for 2 1/2 years. Will see my onc on Tuesday to discuss chemo.

love and hugs to all
again you have helped me get through this.
love
linda
Old 04-16-2004, 05:39 AM   #2
JaneP

Good news! I am glad for you.

Jane
Old 04-16-2004, 08:33 AM   #3
Beth

That's great news Linda! The surgery sounds like a great option.

Beth
Old 04-16-2004, 10:21 AM   #4
Lolly

Linda, what a relief that the scans were clear. I hope all goes well when you visit the surgeon, and although the prospect of more surgery is probably not exciting, to say the least, what IS exciting is that you have another option for dealing with the skin mets situation, yahoo!
Hugs, Lolly
Old 04-16-2004, 01:33 PM   #5
lindaw

Dear lolly
Thanks for the encouragement.I am hoping it will be an option - I don't hear of many people with skin mets who are offerred this option so am worried about that. What do you think?

love
linda
Old 04-16-2004, 01:34 PM   #6
Lindaw

Dear Beth

Thanks for the support.I will let you know what the surgeon says.

love
lindaw
Old 04-16-2004, 01:36 PM   #7
lindaw

Dear Jane
Thanks for the thoughts. How are you doing - you are on Xeloda if my memory serves me well. Is this effective for you? Have you noticed any changes.

love
lindaw
Old 04-16-2004, 11:50 PM   #8
Jackie

What wonderful news for you, Linda!! As for the potential surgery, if it can improve your life in any way, I'd say go for it. I have skin mets but nothing ulcerated. If they were, I'd certainly explore those options! Hate looking at the little buggers, but so far they don't bother me in any other way. We'll all be anxious to hear what your surgeon has to say. Good luck!
Old 04-17-2004, 12:37 AM   #9
JaneP

Hi...Yes, Xeloda is my current chemo. I started cycle 4 this morning. My TM is going down, my test scores are all good but I still have the mess on my chest!

Jane