HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 04-16-2004, 11:43 PM   #1
SueF2

I have been unusually tired the past few weeks. So maybe it does mean something. I can't take Herceptin with Navelbine for my bone and liver mets - had a really bad heart reaction, darn it!!!!!!!!!xxx0000*****

Have also felt dizziness and an achy head lately. Told my onc yesterday and asked him for a brain MRI. Will have that next week. Is the procedure the same as for other MRIs (I hope).

Sue
Old 04-17-2004, 02:52 AM   #2
pattyz

Sue,
In my experience the brain MRI is the same as others. First they will do without contrast...then with.

I always use the earplugs, ask for a cloth to cover my eyes so I don't 'cheat' and accidentally open them, get TWO blankets because I am always so cold. Then, I 'go away' to a nice place, or anticipate something fun coming up.

The most trouble I have is getting the iv placed. Many times the iv team or an anesthesiologist is called to do it. Bad veins.

Otherwise the MRI itself takes about 30?? minutes. Something like that, or less. Gee and I've only had 8 of them, lol!

Glad you are getting the test...and hope it shows nothing.

hugs,
pattyz
Old 04-17-2004, 08:36 AM   #3
carla

Also, if you have a port, they can use your port for your contrast injection for an MRI whereas they cannot use the port for a CT scan. A CT contrast injection must be put into a vein. I was quite relieved to find this out recently, b/c my veins are so bad and I really dread the injections. My rad/onc decided that we would use MRI's to keep an eye on my brain from now on.
Carla