HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 04-16-2004, 09:06 AM   #1
Linda in MI.

Hi Chandi,

Sorry I did not answer your post....I haven't been checking every day but usually every couple of days. I must have missed your post.

As for me, I'm doing better, but it has been a slow process. I have a pleurodex catheter that gets drained by a visiting nurse at my home every 2 days. The drainage has started to decrease but I still have a ways to go. I'm still on oxygen but I can take walks now for close to 10 minutes without getting short of breath. The problem with the frequent drainage though is that you lose a lot of protein in the fluid which in turn makes you lose muscle mass in your body. But I'm working with 2 therapists who are helping me to build up my strength and muscle mass. I can also climb the stairs now too.

I will just be so glad when I can get rid of the oxygen. I hope it's soon. It all depends on the fluid.

Tell me your story. I will try to help you in any way I can. You probably already know that I had the lung talc procedure done on my left lung, then developed fluid around the right. That's the one I'm dealing with right now with the catheter.

My e-mail is linda@garmo.com or you can just post on the her 2 support board.

Blessings and Hugs,

Linda in MI.
Old 04-17-2004, 01:52 PM   #2
Cjandi

Hi !

Dear Linda,

Thanks for the reply. I guess, everyone was waiting to see how you were doing with lung met.I am glad that you are back on the board.
I too, am having pleural effusions and pari cardial effusions after I started taking Xeloda from December for the treatment of liver met (two tiny tumors) I still dont know whether it was primary or secondary ( BC met). I think, I am having lung met also. I have to resolve my liver problem 1st, before I go into other things.
My 1st diag was in 94 Sep and since then I was on Tamoxifen till December 03.
I have just completed 6 cycles of Xeloda and I am due for some scanning end of this month. Recently, I got tested for Her2 from the old tumor from the stotage and it was her2/neu +2 & +3. So I may start hercptin soon.
I will send you an email later, I had some problem with my PC its started shutting down in the middle of some work.

Hugs
Chandi