HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 07-27-2021, 06:27 AM   #1
Donna H

Re: its back

Hi All-
I finished 5 chemo cycles. Onc decided against the 6th. I was incredibly sick after treatment 5. I will continue with herceptin and perjeta every 3 weeks. I need to see a surgeon about possible direct to liver chemo treatment. The largest liver tumor wasn't affected by chemo. My last pet scan results were overall good - nothing new, nothing larger than before. But I still have active disease. The liver tumor is the onc's biggest area of concern. I suggested cutting off the bad part. Guess that isn't an option. I have surgery next Thursday - I have paralyzed vocal cord, most likely a result of the cancer affecting the nerve. The vocal cord wont be fixed, instead it will be pushed over (to the middle) so the working cord will be able to reach it and apparently that is what makes voice. Who knew? It's been since mid February so I am really looking forward to getting my voice back.
Donna H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2021, 05:34 PM   #2
donocco

Re: its back

Donna

I read something just now about local radiation therapy to the liver for breast cancer to liver mets. Is this a possible option for you?. It has been used with some effectiveness it seems.

Paul
donocco is offline   Reply With Quote