HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-21-2014, 08:44 PM   #16
IrvineFriend

Re: I'm all done - why depressed?

Thanks everyone for their replies. I'm gearing up for a really stressful week next week that involves travel to Mexico, etc. and I had two episodes that required me to take time off from work just last week. My cat got out and I live in Coyote land so I had to find her and then I tripped and had to have my elbow stitched back on and feel horrible taking time off that I don't have. So I wanted to report that people DO understand (at least some of them). My boss asked how many weekends I've worked lately (as he knows I have had to) so I have sick time back in my bank. I told him it's not necessary and then I remembered your kind words of wisdom that surgery, etc. was not "me" time. I was so grateful because I was feeling like they're going to fire me now that I'm cancer free but instead he wanted to make sure I felt comforted by not having a loss in wages should I be injured by something stupid. The elbow thing was quite gross actually! Thank you all for giving me strength. Like Linn, I don't have time for counseling or really anything else going on, so this really has kept me sane. I kind of lost it which prompted this email initially but you all brought me back to reality. So thank you.

Diagnosed with DCIS Oct. 2012

Bilateral Dec. 19, 2012
IDC, ER/PR-, Her2+++, Grade 3
Stage IIIa
15.6 cm
4/14 nodes + macrometastases
First thing each morning, I try on my bathing suit. Then, nothing worse can happen the rest of the day.
IrvineFriend is offline   Reply With Quote