HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > Herceptin / Tykerb
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Herceptin / Tykerb Share your experiences or ask questions about Herceptin or Tykerb

Old 09-10-2012, 04:54 PM   #1
Mamaju

Unhappy Re: Herceptin only

When is my hair going to grow back? I have peach fuzz and it just doesn't seem to be growing at all. Also, I've lost most of my fingernails. When do they grow back? I won't be done with Herceptin until May, 2013. Im done with chemo.
Mamaju is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 07:50 PM   #2
Becky

Re: Herceptin only

When was the last chemo? When I did have chemo, my last one was Jan 31 and by May 31 I had an ultra short pixie (and I mean ultra short).

Becky

Found lump via BSE
Diagnosed 8/04 at age 45
1.9cm tumor, ER+PR-, Her2 3+(rt side)
2 micromets to sentinel node
Stage 2A
left 3mm DCIS - low grade ER+PR+Her2 neg
lumpectomies 9/7/04
4DD AC followed by 4 DD taxol
Used Leukine instead of Neulasta
35 rads on right side only
4/05 started Tamoxifen
Started Herceptin 4 months after last Taxol due to
trial results and 2005 ASCO meeting & recommendations
Oophorectomy 8/05
Started Arimidex 9/05
Finished Herceptin (16 months) 9/06
Arimidex Only
Prolia every 6 months for osteopenia

NED 18 years!

Said Christopher Robin to Pooh: "You must remember this: You're braver than you believe and stronger than you seem and smarter than you think"
Becky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 07:00 AM   #3
Mamaju

I finished Taxol/Herceptin August 7, 2012. Went on Herceptin only Aug 28, 2012. My fingernails started lifting up off the nail bed about two weeks after Taxol. They look awful now. I had to cut the dead parts off because mold was growing under the dead parts. Gross. I also have Neuropathy in both my fingertips and toes. My hair is just a few individual hairs here and there.
Old 09-11-2012, 11:30 AM   #4
laurab

I never had any hair issues when I was on Herceptin for a year. I think your hair issues must be due to chemo. or radiation. I never had chemo. and only had mammosite radiation. Also - I had a very small tumor , stage one.
laurab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 07:01 PM   #5
Mamaju

I didn't have radiation and was also stage one but they found precancerous tissue and masses in both breasts when I requested a bi-lateral. I had made up my mind that I did not want a repeat of cancer popping up later. My oncologist and my surgeon were both surprised and happy that I made the decision I did because of what they found afterward. My hair came out with the initial 4-5 chemo drugs. The weekly Taxol/Herceptin has kept it from growing back. The Taxol has caused my neuropathy and diarrhea problems and my fingernails coming off. My main questions are how long after Taxol does it take for everything to grow back. I'm so ready to be normal again!!!
Old 04-27-2013, 08:05 AM   #6
Lbwagner

I am starting Herceptin only....within a week or so. I am glad I found this thread. My Oncologist recommended Herceptin only due to the size (.5cm) and no lymph node involvement. I trust that she is making the right choice as I do not want this to reccur. I had a recurrence of DCIS in December after two years with a .5cm area of invasive that was ER+/PR+ and HER2+++. Very scary...however, I am so happy that it was taken out of me with the BMX in January. My Drs have acted quickly thank goodness as I have read how fast the HER2 cancer grows. Six months of waiting would have meant a much different story... Thanks for any other information you can give me on Herceptin. Best wishes to all of you.

Laurie
Lbwagner is offline   Reply With Quote