HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-04-2012, 05:09 AM   #16
phil

Re: Anxiously Waiting

We are so happy that your wife gets a shot at this wonderful drug ! I will never forget the look on our onc's face when she came back from San Antonio 's Conference in 2009 ! 2009 ! saying ' this could be a home run ' for pts w/ strong overexpression of her 2. For Lorraine , she was exactly right so far ! For me, I was ready to get it. my first wife and i talked our way into atrial in 90. so i already had some experience w/ the "System ". So i looked into comp use, called FDA in Spring , 2010. What arude awakening ! N0 help whatsoever. So we tried to get it at farber. All set to go ; FDA pulled the rug out in Sept 2010 ! talked w/ anurse at farber. Nurses tell it like it is, they dont have to kiss This FDA or Big Business you know what , like the Silent docs in this country. Again , i'll never forget the look on Lorraines face after talking w/ the nurse. Tough Southie RN, Said " Honey , we share trial slots w/ 3 other hospitals, it could be months . If you have to go to Va to get this drug , GO , GET THE DRUG ! " The tone of voice said it all ! So there we were in DC, down the street from Cap Hill. Give Lorraine the credit, still suffering fro another battle w/ adria, riding the chilly subway to the Hill. You should have seen the look on the Senate aides faces when they heard her story ! Your story has Power . You t dm-1 success stories need to Meet them , tell your story to media, Congress. Mike , right now your job is to fight for your wife and family, you will tell your story later , im sure . God Bless ! You have our Prayers for more Healing , Blessings !
phil is offline   Reply With Quote