HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 06-24-2012, 10:21 AM   #1
marvass

Re: Intrathecal (IT) Herceptin (Trastuzumab) for brain mets (Leptomeningeal Metastase

Thanks Joan, I don't think sloan-kettering did it ever, but they might do it in collaboration with the trial in chicago, worth giving it a try.
Good luck to you too.
Mario
marvass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 12:55 PM   #2
ehower

Re: Intrathecal (IT) Herceptin (Trastuzumab) for brain mets (Leptomeningeal Metastase

Mario and Paul, Thank you so much for getting back to me. Now, if I can find someone to administer it to me!!!!! That's my next search! Mario, How did you talk Carol's oncologist into doing it? Mine said no! I'm getting a 2nd opinion at the CTCA in Chicago but I'm in PA.

To both of you and your wives, I wish you the best. My thoughts are with all of you!!

Eileen
ehower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 04:22 AM   #3
ehower

Paul- or anybody out there.... My cancer has spread to the 6th cranial nerve which controls vision. I now have severe double vision and am cross-eyed. Very difficult to handle emotionally. I am going through radiation to try to stop the progression but it's not repairing the double vision. I have talked to my doctors about intrathecal herceptin but have gotten nowhere. I know I can't travel to France or IL to get the treatment. I'm going to try one last time with my oncologist on Thursday to see if he can contact the doctor at MD Anderson. I've fared through this whole cancer ordeal so well, but this has really got the better of me. Thanks for your encouragement. I need it so much...

Blessings,

Eileen
ehower is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
brain lesions, clinics it herceptin, doctor it herceptin, intrathecal herceptin, it herceptin