HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-28-2012, 10:27 PM   #25
Haily

Talking Re: Metastatic Breast Cancer and Nancy Brinker

Sir/Madam:I had a mtmeactosy in January 2010 at the age of almost 82 (Feb. 1.) I had been healthy most of my life. I only missed two days of teaching school over a 20 year period. We only ate sweets away from home. I didn;t make a practice of pie and cake baking.A health problem of weakness began in the late seventies. It was occasionally and maybe once a year happening. My doctor suggested eating a deli meat when it happened. By 1996, it began to happen more intense. I made three trips to the ER over a period of perhaps three years, but nothing showed up to be wrong. I decided it was low blood sugar which proved wrong. For three years I walked three miles a day until in the summer of '07 when I began to get weak while walking. By the summer of '08, the doctor wanted to know what I ate. He found that I didn't have protein for breakfast. So I started eating close to 20 grams of protein each meal. This stopped the weakness.When I found my cancer, I couldn't believe it as we measured our food that we ate. Yet we did gain weight with the protein diet, but we ate carbs, too. I wondered if the protein caused the cancer. My mom and dad ate the same foods which were raised on a farm without sraying fpr pesticides. My dad died with prostate cancer and my mom died with diabetes. Is food the problem?

Tags
komen, metastasis, stage 4