HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-08-2011, 06:50 AM   #1
Westcoastgirl

Re: Questions about possible MET symptoms

My left arm ached/aches or feels odd often but otherwise everything was/is normal. As a precaution....if I am using any kind of wts, house cleaning, gardening, the arm doesn't feel right, or am in the sun a lot I wear a compression sleeve. If I am worried about a bug bite or a cat scratch I treat them and put on the sleeve for many hours and the arm has been fine. I am very cautious and never want to develop lymphedema if I can help it.

The pain I have in joints and all over some days it seems, I do believe is from the Femera. A good friend just finished her five years of Femera and in six months her aches and pains were gone. It does seem a long haul doesn't it. They can give you something for pain. It is always offered to me by my onc but I decline. I think exercise and stretching are the key and one gets tired of drugs. I am also cautious about taking herbals because of being E+.

Lastly there is the two week rule. If a symptom persists beyond two weeks you should see your dr, even if it is just for peace of mind.

Take care, Carolyn
1/15/09 double mastectomy/skin sparing; no evidence of vascular/lymphatic invasion, 8neg/8 nodes (tumor 8.0mm)
2/16/09 given portacath/removed 4/30/10
2/18/09 "surprise" 2.0mm tumor/positive borders~
completed 28 rads 10/09.
2/23/09 until 4/19/10~treatments every 3wks (4 Cytoxan + Adriamycin, 4 Taxol + Herceptin, 13 Herceptin alone)
8/09 osteoporosis diagnosis/Zometa 3 yrs of 1x/6 months
Chemo side effects; Deafness, kidney function loss
11/09 began Aromatase Inhibitor (Femara)/Feb2014, stopped Femara early/after 3 mos began Tamoxifen for 8 mos to complete 5 years
11/10 Reconstruction, directly to silicone implants
12/11 nipples by skin graft/Right breast size reduced

I have heard th
ere are troubles of more than one kind

Some come from ahead and some come from behind.
But I've bought a big bat. I'm all ready you see.
Now my troubles are going to have trouble with me!
Dr. Seuss
Westcoastgirl is offline   Reply With Quote