HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > Clinical Trials
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 02-26-2011, 01:24 PM   #1
Henry

Re: Access to T DM-1

Phil,
Thank you for sharing about your T-DM1 experience. We are encouraged about the promising reports on this advanced treatment. My wife entered the trial and received her 1st treatment two days ago. Thankfully we are only 120 miles from the trial location. Our current status is Stage 4, with lung mets. (original Stage 2 diagnosis in June 2002 with recurrance in Dec 2007). The day after 1st treatment brought a little more fatigue than the Navalbine/Herceptin, and other moderate side effects (low fever, aches possibly due to the lung mets) but appears to be manageable. We hope this trial continues to be effective in the battle against BC. We welcome any suggestions in complementing the treatment or any managing side effects any may have experienced. Best Wishes
Henry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2011, 04:03 PM   #2
phil

Re: Access to T DM-1

I am so glad that your wife gets to try this wonderful drug. About 40% of those who try it, have great results. I think those numbers will rise once the FDA allows it to be approved. So women can get it earlier in the fight. The s/e seem to lessen as your body adjusts to the drug. For Lorraine, the s/e have gotten better as she went from round 3 to 4 and now round 5. Fatigue is less ( but still there). Round 5 fever was 100.4 , just one day. We are trying to add iron to her diet, with red meat, spinach, broccoli., etc.
L. paces herself, doing some walking, a mile every other day or so. She has a kidney stent, so she has to be careful with exercise. We went snow-shoeing yesterday, for about 45'. God bless and good luck. I pray the drug does the same wonders for your wife that it has for mine.
phil is offline   Reply With Quote