HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > Herceptin / Tykerb
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Herceptin / Tykerb Share your experiences or ask questions about Herceptin or Tykerb

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-28-2009, 08:47 PM   #12
DianneS

Re: Aromatase Inhibitors/Weakly ER +

Hi Robind,

I have been researching taking Strontium II for bone building as it is a natural product - a mineral - with no known side effects. The product I have is produced by a company called Advanced Orthormolecular Research (AOR) in Calgary, Alberta, Canada. I asked my onc about it and he said it would be fine; however I may have some kidney issues so I'm waiting to take it after I see the nephrologist Sept. 2. There is a lot of info on the 'net about it in case you (or someone else) is interested. Strontium works with calcium, but not taken at the same time.

I watched PBS some time ago and the speaker said something which stuck in my mind. When dealing with a disease or physical condition try to take natural products first. Only as a last resort did he recommend taking chemical products. Of course, there are some conditions that require chemicals but by & large Mother Nature provides a healthier approach if we take time to search them out.

I was having some muscle/joint pain but found that taking magnesium every day allieviated the discomfort. I'm glad you're doing ok with that issue. It's also a natural tranquilizer so taken before bed will help with sleeping. I find that if I exercise daily I feel much less stiffness....but then, I am 56

For me, I think being done with Herceptin will be one less burden. Every time I go I get amped up and nervous, and it forces me to think about the 'c' word again. I know that some people find not being on any treatment is the scary part - maybe I'll find that is true. But we have to trust that everything we've done, and are doing, is working.

I just had a Herceptin yesterday and was feeling pretty good before that. Now it's back to tummy issues and fatigue, achy joints and a chilly feeling for a day or so. Don't think I will miss it!

Take good care,
Diannes
8/9 Richardson/Bloom test
ER+ weakly positive
Alred Score: 4 (suggesting I would strongly benefit from hormone therapy)
PR-,
HER2 positive +++
No vascular invasion
No lymph nodes involved
Surgery: Sept. 9, 2008 -Modified radical mastectomy, right breast. I chose to have a simple mastectomy on the left. Began Taxotere/Carboplatin/Herceptin November, 2008. Finished T/C March 2009. Finished #16 Herceptin Sept. 09. AI's and Tamoxifen made me sick. Began natural Tamoxifen which is Quercetin, I3C and a combo of other supplements. I am also a DES Daughter. There is now a link between DES exposure in utero and breast cancer!
DianneS is offline   Reply With Quote