Old 08-22-2009, 04:54 PM   #1
Jackie07

Re: Do We Need a Nutrition Forum?

From the National Institute of Health:

Omega-3 Supplements: An Introduction
http://nccam.nih.gov/health/omega3/introduction.htm

NICU 4.4 LB
Erythema Nodosum 85
Life-long Central Neurocytoma 4x5x6.5 cm 23 hrs 62090 semi-coma 10 d PT OT ST 30 d
3 Infertility tmts 99 > 3 u. fibroids > Pills
CN 3 GKRS 52301
IDC 1.2 cm Her2 +++ ER 5% R. Lmptmy SLNB+1 71703 6 FEC 33 R Tamoxifen
Recc IIB 2.5 cm Bi-L Mast 61407 2/9 nds PET
6 TCH Cellulitis - Lymphedema - compression sleeve & glove
H w x 4 MUGA 51 D, J 49 M
Diastasis recti
Tamoxifen B. scan
Irrtbl bowel 1'09
Colonoscopy 313
BRCA1 V1247I
hptc hemangioma
Vertigo
GI - > yogurt
hysterectomy/oophorectomy 011410
Exemestane 25 mg tab 102912 ~ 101016 stopped due to r. hip/l.thigh pain after long walk
DEXA 1/13
1-2016 lesions in liver largest 9mm & 1.3 cm onco. says not cancer.
3-11 Appendectomy - visually O.K., a lot of puss. Final path result - not cancer.
Start Vitamin D3 and Calcium supplement (600mg x2)
10-10 Stopped Exemestane due to r. hip/l.thigh pain OKed by Onco 11-08-2016
7-23-2018 9 mm groundglass nodule within the right lower lobe with indolent behavior. Due to possible adenocarcinoma, Recommend annual surveilence.
7-10-2019 CT to check lung nodule.
1-10-2020 8mm stable nodule on R Lung, two 6mm new ones on L Lung, a possible lymph node involvement in inter fissule.
"I WANT TO BE AN OUTRAGEOUS OLD WOMAN WHO NEVER GETS CALLED AN OLD LADY. I WANT TO GET SHARP EDGED & EARTH COLORED, TILL I FADE AWAY FROM PURE JOY." Irene from Tampa

Advocacy is a passion .. not a pastime - Joe
Jackie07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2009, 04:57 PM   #2
Jackie07

Re: Do We Need a Nutrition Forum?

Another resource from National Institute of Health on Nutrition and Breast Cancer:

Nutrition — giving your body the nutrients it needs — is important for everyone. When combined with exercising and maintaining a healthy weight, eating well is an excellent way to help your body stay strong and healthy.

If you're currently undergoing treatment for breast cancer or have been treated for breast cancer in the past, eating well is particularly important for you. In this section, you can read about healthy eating and what and how to eat during and after treatment.

If you are at high risk for breast cancer, eating well also is important for you. On the Nutrition and Breast Cancer Risk Reduction pages in the Lower Your Risk section, you can read about how healthy eating may help reduce your risk of a first time breast cancer.

What Does Healthy Eating Mean?
Healthy eating means eating a variety of foods that give you the nutrients you need to maintain your health. Find out how to balance your diet and manage your portion sizes.
Healthy Eating During Treatment
If you're recovering from surgery, or receiving chemotherapy, radiation, or other breast cancer treatment, your focus is on getting rid of the cancer. Eating well will help you stay strong for this fight by giving your body the nutrients it needs. Read about how you can eat to manage your weight, reduce fatigue, build your energy, and get enough fluids.
Healthy Eating After Treatment
Healthy eating and physical activity after treatment are important as you recover from treatment and begin your life beyond breast cancer. Learn about eating to manage your weight and how to create a healthy eating plan that includes exercise.
Dietary Supplements
Many women with breast cancer take dietary supplements such as vitamins, minerals, and herbs hoping it helps them to stay strong. Learn about suggestions for using supplements.
Nutrition Resources
In this section, you can browse a comprehensive list of links to nutrition web sites offering information on dietary guidelines, dietary supplements, research, nutrition labels, food safety, and more.
The medical experts for Nutrition are:
Cyndi Thomson, Ph.D., R.D., assistant professor in Nutritional Sciences at the University of Arizona, with joint appointments in medicine and public health. She is a registered dietitian with more 15 years of experience in clinical nutrition. Dr. Thomson is also principal investigator at the University of Arizona College of Public Health on several diet-cancer grants.
Diana Grant Dyer, M.S., R.D., a registered dietitian with 20 years of experience, specializing in nutritional care for critically ill patients. She is the author of A Dietitian's Cancer Story: Information & Inspiration for Recovery & Healing from a 3-time Cancer Survivor (Swan Press, 2002) and is especially interested in how nutrition can influence cancer risk reduction and recovery.
Both Cyndi Thomson and Diana Grant Dyer are members of the Breastcancer.org Professional Advisory Board, which includes more than 60 medical experts in breast cancer-related fields.

NICU 4.4 LB
Erythema Nodosum 85
Life-long Central Neurocytoma 4x5x6.5 cm 23 hrs 62090 semi-coma 10 d PT OT ST 30 d
CN 3 GKRS 52301
Diastasis recti
Tamoxifen B. scan
Irrtbl bowel 1'09
Colonoscopy 313
BRCA1 V1247I
hptc hemangioma
Vertigo
GI - > yogurt
Exemestane 25 mg tab 102912 ~ 101016 stopped due to r. hip/l.thigh pain after long walk
DEXA 1/13
3-11 Appendectomy - visually O.K., a lot of puss. Final path result - not cancer.
7-23-2018 9 mm groundglass nodule within the right lower lobe with indolent behavior. Due to possible adenocarcinoma, Recommend annual surveilence.
1-10-2020 8mm stable nodule on R Lung, two 6mm new ones on L Lung, a possible lymph node involvement in inter fissule.
"I WANT TO BE AN OUTRAGEOUS OLD WOMAN WHO NEVER GETS CALLED AN OLD LADY. I WANT TO GET SHARP EDGED & EARTH COLORED, TILL I FADE AWAY FROM PURE JOY." Irene from Tampa

Old 08-22-2009, 05:08 PM   #3
Jackie07

Re: Do We Need a Nutrition Forum? - about 'PH'

From Breastcancer.org:

Supplements to help regulate pH balance?Last modified on November 18, 2008Question from Karen: How important is the pH balance in your body, and what if any supplements can help regulate this? Answers — Beth DuPree, M.D., F.A.C.S.: It is important for the enzymes in your body to function that your body be in balance. There are certain practitioners that believe that by altering the pH of your body, you can help…

July 2000: Food for Cancer RecoveryLast modified on November 18, 2008things. I did an extensive review of the literature on aspartame, and could see no harm in using it when it's part of a balanced and varied diet. If you are using it to lose weight, it has not been shown to make a difference. When you are baking, you can use fruit juices in place of sugar, like apple juice or prune extract, instead of a sugar…

July 2007: Vitamins and Herbal SupplementsLast modified on November 18, 2008on breast cancers does not depend on the gender of the patient. Back to top Question from Karen: How important is the pH balance in your body, and what if any supplements can help regulate this? Answers — Beth DuPree, M.D., F.A.C.S.: It is important for the enzymes in your body to function that your body be in balance. There are certain…

Page last modified on: October 14, 2008
Question from Karen: How important is the pH balance in your body, and what if any supplements can help regulate this? Answers —Beth DuPree, M.D., F.A.C.S.: It is important for the enzymes in your body to function that your body be in balance. There are certain practitioners that believe that by altering the pH of your body, you can help prevent certain disease processes from occurring. But to my knowledge, there are no clinical trials to support changing the pH of your body in order to specifically treat a cancer.

Gary Deng, M.D., Ph.D.: I believe the theory that acidity in the body causes cancer is a faulty one. For example, the most acidic organ in our body is the stomach, which is soaked in acid almost all the time. But stomach cancer is very rare. If acidity causes cancer, we would have seen many more stomach cancer cases. Therefore, I do not think cancer is caused by acidity. Cancer is caused by changes in the DNA of the cells and also the environment around the cells, not simply by acidity.

NICU 4.4 LB
Erythema Nodosum 85
CN 3 GKRS 52301
Diastasis recti
Tamoxifen B. scan
Irrtbl bowel 1'09
Colonoscopy 313
BRCA1 V1247I
hptc hemangioma
Vertigo
GI - > yogurt
DEXA 1/13

Last edited by Jackie07; 08-22-2009 at 06:01 PM..