HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 11-18-2008, 01:31 PM   #1
Believe51

Location: RHODE ISLAND (Ed getting me a latte on 2nd Cancerversary Cruise 2008) 'BELIEVE': To accept as true or real, To have faith in, To presume ALWAYS BELIEVE
Wink Marejo

I may be a decent caregiver but I know I would be an awful patient. In answer to your response would be "Do not hurt for us Sweetheart", please do not hurt or atleast for too long. Your support and love for us allows us to be able to bear another day dealing with things like this. Although this is an ugly saga, I could not think of a better place to be. Well, besides sitting on a cure (wink).

Your love does make me feel better. We are surrounded by love and support, things that others may be lacking. I am so blessed, as we all are, to have a place to come where everyone understands. This is that place, this is our home. As Rich stated in a seperate post, he feels sorry for those who do not have an advocate to decipher what is in front of us, I do too. Luckily, we are each others advocates, we can come here to decipher, to gather ammo for these appointments. Cancer has entered our lives but thankfully we have a haven her at Her2, a family like no other.

I love you Marejo, wrapping you arms around me, praying for us to fight and win, your supportive words....they reign supreme in my book. I am so blessed to have friends like you in our corner.

Thanks for taking my pain and making it your own, how utterly unselfish. Then again, "That is just the way you wis (yes...wis)!! I love you more with each day that I know you. Now while you stop hurting....I am gonna get that pretzel recipe and gorge myself tonight!! LOL>>Believe51

PS: Instead of bows and wrapping paper for gifts, I use lace, toule and creative touches instead of a plain bows. I will be dipping these pretzels in dark chocolate and adding them to my gifts instead of that bow. That is, if there are any left! Gulp!
9/7/06Husband 50yrs=StageIV IBC/HER2+,BoneMets10/06TaxotereX10,'H'1X wk,Zometa,Tamoxifen4/12/07Last Tax5/18/07Pet=Rapid Cell Activity,No Organ Mets,Lytic Lesions,Degeneration,Some Bone Repair5/07ChemoFail6/01/07Pleural Thoracentisis=Effusions,NoMalignantCells6/19/07+7/2/07DFCI
6/25/07BrainMRI=BrainMets,Many<9mm7/10/07WBR/PelvisRad37.5Gx15&Nutritionist8/19/07T/X9/20/07BrainMRI=2<2mm10/6/07Pet=BoneProgression
10/24/07ChemoFail11/9/07A/Cx10,EndTam12/7/07Faslodex12/10/07Muga7512/13/07BlasticLesions1/7/08BrainMRI=Clear4/1/08Pet=BoneImprovement,
NoProgression,Stable4/7/08BrainPerfect5/16/08Last A/C8/26/08BrainMets=10(<9mm)9/10/08Gamma10/30/08Met=5mm12/19/08Gamma5mets5
12/22/08SpinalMets1/14/09SpinalRads2/17/09BrainMRI=NoNewMets4/20/09BoneScan5/14/09Ixempra6/1/09BrainMRI=NumerousMets6/24/09DFCIw/DrBurstein6/26/09Continue
Ixempra/Faslodex/Zometa~TM now lower7/17/09Stop Ixempra By Choice9/21/09HOSPICE10/16/09Earned His Deserved Wings And Halo=37 Month Fight w/Stage 4 IBC, Her2+++,My Hero!!
Believe51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 02:29 PM   #2
Mary Jo

Smile

Thank you Marie for your kind words to me. You want to hear something funny??? (ok, I'll tell you)......Before I hit "post reply" on the last post I typed to you I contemplated removing the part of my post that said I was hurting for you both. I kept reading that over saying to myself......."self, if someone said that to you, you wouldn't like it. You don't like people feeling sorry for you and you surely wouldn't want someone to be hurting for you." But against my better judgment I left it in their and yup, I should have taken it out. Marie and Ed...... I do hurt for you both....and I can't help it. But, that being said, I totally agree that this place is a wonderful place for support and love and I am thankful I have it and thankful YOU have it too. Also, I know that as much as this disease "hurts" and is cruel it also can bring so much to our lives (not the cancer per se - I WOULD NEVER want to give cancer any kind of credit - but going through what we go through teaches us so much.......... it brings countless blessings to our lives and teaches us how to value life. God is still good - even through the bad - because He doesn't cause the bad to happen. He loves us incredibly and it's taught me to lean heavily on Him - to take His peace and love He offers freely and to live in that until the Day He calls me Home to Himself. That's what keeps me going each day and it's also what makes me the happy person I am. I wasn't this happy before my cancer diagnosis BUT I am now - SO.........TAKE THAT CANCER..............!!!!!

What does "wis" mean? I tried and tried figure it out but don't have a clue.

Well Marie and Ed......here's another hug......you feel it??? Please do - it's warm and gentle and I'll just keep holding you until you want me to let go.

So, I still hurt for you BUT it's all in a good way. It's just what people do who love other people and don't want them to experience any pain. You'd feel the same for me if the shoe was on the other foot.

Love you guys.........eat chocolate now........it's good for the soul.

Mary Jo
"Be still and know that I am God." Psalm 46:10

Dx. 6/24/05 age 45 Right Breast IDC
ER/PR. Neg., - Her2+++
RB Mast. - 7/28/05 - 4 cm. tumor
Margins clear - 1 microscopic cell 1 sent. node
No Vasucular Invasion
4 DD A/C - 4 DD Taxol & Herceptin
1 full year of Herceptin received every 3 weeks
28 rads
prophylactic Mast. 3/2/06

17 Years NED