HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 08-20-2008, 05:38 AM   #1
Joe
Webmaster

Information to Survive

I found this page this morning which contains publications offered by Cancer Advocacy Org. You may download and print all of them.

http://www.canceradvocacy.org/resources/publications/

Regards
Joe

Illegitimi non carborundum

My Album
Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2008, 05:16 PM   #2
Carolyns

Joe,

Thank you so much, I really needed this today. I loved the PDF titled, "You have the right to be hopeful". I am tired of hearing people use the term "false" hope. No one knows how important hope is until they are truly faced with their own mortality. People try to imagine but, thankfully, for them they can not get the full intensity of emotion unless faced with it. They can not imagine and do not know how they would feel or react. Scan time brings this up over and over for mets girls and others I imagine. This article fully outlines the evolving meaning of hope and why we have a Right to be hopeful.

I really needed this today, thank you!

Carolyn

Below is a link to the PDF.
http://www.canceradvocacy.org/resour...ns/hopeful.pdf
Carolyns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2008, 05:31 PM   #3
eric

Thank you Joe and Carolyn. I haven't read it yet but I'm going to print it out so Caryn (my wife) can read as well.

Eric
eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2008, 05:48 PM   #4
Carolyns

I printed the article and took it to my Breast Cancer center today. I have personally experienced the ignorance of well meaning doctors outside of my oncology office who try give me a more realistic view of my situation. You know they don't want to give the patient "false" hope or let them go on in "denial". They also try to cheer me up by telling me how much better I look then they expected base on reading my chart, - wow thanks, is that supposed to make me feel better?

Anyway, the article was received extremely well by the staff at the cancer center. I hope that they can find some of the information useful when educating the staff at the main hospital about the role hope plays in cancer treatment.

I hope everyone reads the article and passes it on to their facility.

Carolyn
Carolyns is offline   Reply With Quote