HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > Keeping Your Mind Off of BC
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Keeping Your Mind Off of BC Fun things and posts that do not apply to BC

Old 03-20-2008, 11:38 PM   #1
madubois63

Very cool story!!! Since you asked for out of the norm, here goes...One night I was in my bedroom reading. Corner bedroom, second floor overlooking the street. We had no street lights at the time, but we did have a nearly full moon, so the street was pretty bright. Everyone was sleeping except me and my dog. He was outside on the driveway. I know this because he starting barking, then screeching bloody murder. I jumped out of bed and looked out my window to see what was up. There were 2 figures outside at the end of my driveway. One was black and one was white. I don't mean like African American and Caucasian, I mean just black and just white. Both were tall, almost elongated and had long straight hair. They both wore long flowing robes that matched their hair - black or white. I could not see faces, just the long straight hair hanging down. My dog kept barking. He was backing away from these beings. The freakiest thing about them, was that I could not see feet. They floated past my house - close to the ground, but definitely floating. I watched (as did my dog) until they passed the next house, and then just vanished - not in a poof kind of way, but more a fading. I was not drunk or high in anyway. I was not dreaming. There was no space ship. I don't know what these 2 things were, I just know I saw them...
Adriomycin Cytoxin Taxol
Tamoxifen 4 1/2 yrs
Radiation - 32 x
Metastatic BC lung/liver 10/04
thorocentesis 2x - pleurodesis
Herceptin Taxatiere Carbo
Femera/Lupron
BC NED 4/05
chemo induced Acute Myeloid Leukemia 5/06
Induction/consolidation chemo
bone marrow transplant - 11/3/06
Severe Host vs Graft Disease of liver
BC mets to lung 11/07
Fasoladex Herceptin Zometa Xeloda
GVHD/Iron overload to liver
Avascular Necrosis/morphine pump 10/10
metastatic brain tumor
steriotactic radiosurgery
madubois63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2008, 05:57 PM   #2
Becky

My husband and I moved into a nice rented house. We lived there 2 years. The first yr I was pregnant with our first child and the second was her first yr of life. When she was about a yr old, we bought a house and were moving out.

When we first rented the house, we were so excited because it was a house and we could buy a clothes dryer and washing machine as there was a basement. Prior, we had to go to laundermats. Both of us always felt sick and weird going in the basement - much more that I usually did when I was a child. We felt we saw a young man down there but never really spoke of it to anyone else but ourselves. If you knew my husband, you would know that he wouldn't believe me if I told him of this but it happened to him too.

The day before we moved out of the house the man who delivered heating oil came to do a reading on the tank so that our landlord could reimburse us for the unused oil we had purchased. The oil man was quite elderly and had been servicing the house and the neighborhood for a long, long time. We had never really spoken to him because the tank could be filled from the outside and both my husband and I worked. Even when I had the baby and was home a couple of months, it was summer so he never came. He told us that the original owners of the house had a son who hung himself in the basement - right where the washer and dryer were.

Boy, we were so glad to move to our new house the next day!!

Becky

Found lump via BSE
Diagnosed 8/04 at age 45
1.9cm tumor, ER+PR-, Her2 3+(rt side)
2 micromets to sentinel node
Stage 2A
left 3mm DCIS - low grade ER+PR+Her2 neg
lumpectomies 9/7/04
4DD AC followed by 4 DD taxol
Used Leukine instead of Neulasta
35 rads on right side only
4/05 started Tamoxifen
Started Herceptin 4 months after last Taxol due to
trial results and 2005 ASCO meeting & recommendations
Oophorectomy 8/05
Started Arimidex 9/05
Finished Herceptin (16 months) 9/06
Arimidex Only
Prolia every 6 months for osteopenia

NED 18 years!

Said Christopher Robin to Pooh: "You must remember this: You're braver than you believe and stronger than you seem and smarter than you think"
Becky is offline   Reply With Quote