HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > Herceptin / Tykerb
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Herceptin / Tykerb Share your experiences or ask questions about Herceptin or Tykerb

Old 03-18-2008, 02:34 AM   #1
kat in the delta

Location: MS Delta in Clarksdale="Home of the Blues" (near Memphis,TN)by Misssissippi River/levee's highest pt.
Exclamation Kat in the Delta

NORA, Gerri,
Hi ! I've been finished with mine for I think... a yr+( my memory is terrible).
Yes, I am still having some of the side effects,
and a FEW are getting worse!!!

I just read an article in an MD's Journal that gave this opinion(not word for word)..
..as Now more of US are Surviving theChemotherapy & Cancer .Experience..

the researchers are Beginning to see that Dammage from Chemo's,etc.

..may not...even... show up UNTIL...8 to 10+ years AFTER stopping all
chemos,rads,..etc...
No one knew this before NOW...!!..

and......I personally hate to say it ..but most people close to you do NOT understand, nor will Never Understand what this has done to you
...... (( I do feel isolated at times..Thank you for this SITE !!))....
Others may think or Dare to Say:
" NOT HOOKED UP TO AN IV?" Then, "YOU CANNOT HAVE PAIN"!!

Well, I think it is only "AFTER" a PERSON has HAD... ALL ..

chemos, rads, surgery or whatever....
Not until all THIS IS OVER .and the DAMMAGE.. DONE.. IS ..This...
the true..
TIME A SURVIVOR IS STRUGGLING for THEIR DEAR LIFE !!!

This is WHEN almost EVERY CELL IN A PERSON"S BODY HAS BEEN

WRECKED !!! --the DNA or some part of EVERY CELL---SHATTERED !!!!

I think it will take ME YEARS--to build myself back..... if possible I'm trying... to control what I eat.,EXercise.,etc.,
Now STRESS..... is a little hard for me to control..

WHAT DO U THINK .... ???

Yes I have pain.. especially in my lower LEGS!! I think it is Not Only from the Herceptin , but as a result of receiving a combination of Chemo's.,rads.AND Herceptin.... My feet get Swollen...as well as my hands at times... I CANNOT wear any tight fitting socks or other clothing.., my fingers and toes..and feet get numb ..and I feel like I am walking on knubs, my mind seems to wander... and even gropes around trying to find a particular word.... I have a hard time going to sleep .... and really, I just do not look or feel well or LIKE I USE TO Before the Cancer Experience.

I am LIKE I AM>>>>> GOOD and BAD<<< and will NEVER BE THE SAME PERSON AGAIN !!!!!!
NO,, I canNOT do things that were once easily done. I am slower doing and thinking... and I DO NEED MY FAMILY TO PITCH IN AND HELP.

Kat in the Delta
kat in the delta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2008, 03:25 AM   #2
debski

I know!

Kat in the Delta

Yes - I understand completely. Sorry to barge in on the chat- but had to say that I feel the same. My oncologist is the most lovely woman you could imagine- so kind and seems to understand. She told me that I may well never get back to normal. That's just how it is so I am going to try to get on with it BUT at the same time I am doing my best to eat well-exercise and be much more selfish.

I totally agree that other people cannot understand. In fact I am amazed at the lack of empathy. If I am being generous I would say that it is partly because they care so much they don't want to believe you feel the way you do- but actually I think we are just all programmed to be selfish.

So I am going to be the same.
Really hope you get through this rough patch soon. I am amazed at the progress I have made recently- but I am not eorking at the moment and that helps- I just sort of collapsed mentally and threw the towel in with work-temporarily.

It is unbelievable what has happened to us all- but I am wondering if denial would be a better place to live!

Love Debbie
debski is offline   Reply With Quote