HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > Keeping Your Mind Off of BC
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Keeping Your Mind Off of BC Fun things and posts that do not apply to BC

Old 11-15-2007, 12:00 PM   #1
Believe51

Location: RHODE ISLAND (Ed getting me a latte on 2nd Cancerversary Cruise 2008) 'BELIEVE': To accept as true or real, To have faith in, To presume ALWAYS BELIEVE
Smile It is me with that lil pea brain again...LOL

Although there has been many times of fear and doubt during this entire journey I STILL BELIEVE. Deep down these fears are lessened because I BELIEVE. There have been times when I thought that it may be denial, this 'Believing' I do. It certainly is not since I know the repercussions of what 'could' be. I am a firm believer that My Warrior Angel shall conquer, shall succeed. So to all MY WARRIORS whom I see trying to conquer, remember this:

"For They Conquer Who Believe They Can" By John Dryden

I love you all with all of my very big heart!!!>>Believe51
9/7/06Husband 50yrs=StageIV IBC/HER2+,BoneMets10/06TaxotereX10,'H'1X wk,Zometa,Tamoxifen4/12/07Last Tax5/18/07Pet=Rapid Cell Activity,No Organ Mets,Lytic Lesions,Degeneration,Some Bone Repair5/07ChemoFail6/01/07Pleural Thoracentisis=Effusions,NoMalignantCells6/19/07+7/2/07DFCI
6/25/07BrainMRI=BrainMets,Many<9mm7/10/07WBR/PelvisRad37.5Gx15&Nutritionist8/19/07T/X9/20/07BrainMRI=2<2mm10/6/07Pet=BoneProgression
10/24/07ChemoFail11/9/07A/Cx10,EndTam12/7/07Faslodex12/10/07Muga7512/13/07BlasticLesions1/7/08BrainMRI=Clear4/1/08Pet=BoneImprovement,
NoProgression,Stable4/7/08BrainPerfect5/16/08Last A/C8/26/08BrainMets=10(<9mm)9/10/08Gamma10/30/08Met=5mm12/19/08Gamma5mets5
12/22/08SpinalMets1/14/09SpinalRads2/17/09BrainMRI=NoNewMets4/20/09BoneScan5/14/09Ixempra6/1/09BrainMRI=NumerousMets6/24/09DFCIw/DrBurstein6/26/09Continue
Ixempra/Faslodex/Zometa~TM now lower7/17/09Stop Ixempra By Choice9/21/09HOSPICE10/16/09Earned His Deserved Wings And Halo=37 Month Fight w/Stage 4 IBC, Her2+++,My Hero!!
Believe51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2007, 12:52 PM   #2
Andrea Barnett Budin

Location: LAND OF YES! w/home in Boca Raton, Florida Orig from L.I., N.Y. Ever hovering IN THE NOW...
Wink

So lovely, lovely Leslie! The gems in Life are so often unseen. The bigness of the little things simply go underappreciated. Since bc I have come to witness the sublime in the ordinary. The experience has elevated me (kicking and screaming along the way...). It has all served to lift me up to previously unfathomed heights. Joseph Campbell has observed -- "IT IS AT THE BOTTOM OF THE ABYSS (where) COMES THE VOICE OF SALVATION. THE BLACK MOMENT IS THE MOMENT WHEN THE REAL MESSAGE OF TRANSFORMATION IS GOING TO COME. AT THE DARKEST MOMENT COMES THE LIGHT."

Campbell refers to the Polynesian saying -- You are 'STANDING ON A WHALE FISHING FOR MINNOWS'. He goes on to explain, "We are standing on a whale. The ground of being is the ground of our being, and when we simply turn outward, we see all of these little problems here and there. But, if we look inward, we see that we are the source of them all."

In searching within our psyche we discover our past and present pain. Then, we find that we have the power to *consciously choose* to LET IT GO. This act is the hero's deed. The sheroe's dance with obstacles that lead the way to triumph. We become freed, to say --HERE AM I! I am ready to move forward. In to a new normal. And I have chosen to embrace it, seeing that being alive has fresh worth, unimagined zest and so very much previously unseen *bling*...! The experience of The Thrill Of Living transcends all adversities set before us to endure. Rather than mourn the unwanted we come to feel the joy and serenity of simply being. We come to rejoice over our good fortune, shedding the weight of the Not Bargained For. We come to *know* we have the power to call desired dreams to us -- with our carefully scripted inner dialogue and our newfound ability to reject odious thinking. Thus we release horrid emotions and welcome gladness. We *own* our knowing and are filled with faith and belief and jubilation over our mastery of control. Having risen to a plane of consciousness that directly links us to divineness...

Sorry. Just got home from my Vit H treatment. A half hour infusion which took two hours in the chemo room. I musn't complain. I first began Herceptin 9 years ago, on November 11, 1998... In August of '98, diagnosed with multiple metastases throughout my liver, I thought I would surely die. The statistics I read were dire and pierced my heart. Slowly, midst Taxotere and its ravaging effects (on my body, yet including my cancer cells) I came to regain my footing. I began to KNOW that I was on a gravel-filled and winding roadway -- barefoot and stumbling -- but slowly being led to survival! I became able to reach out and OWN that knowing. To learn to control my mind, and therefore my outcome, to a far greater degree than I had ever thought possible. With intense focus and impassioned certainty I tread toward what one doctor eventually would call -- cautious remission. From December of '98 I began to reclaim my joy and serenity, *knowing* I was on the right path and precisely where I was headed.

So I am especially thoughtful at this moment. Moved by Leslie's post of beauty, remembering the radiance of her Spirit, these words are what came out of me...
I wish every one of my Sisters and Brothers REMISSION with all my heart! Much loving energy to you all...
Pinkie and Flori and Ed and Marie's Mom seem to be most in need at this moment of my prayers, but I pray for you ALL...
Andi
'95 post-meno dx Invasive LOBULAR w/9cm tumor! YIKES + 2/21 nodes. Clear mammo 10 mnths earlier. Mastec/tram flap reconst/PORT/8 mnths chemo (4Adria/8CMF). Borderline ER/PR. Tamoxifen 2 yrs. Felt BLESSED. I could walk and talk, feed and bathe myself! I KNEW I would survive...

'98 -- multiple mets to liver. HER2+ 80%. ER/PR- Raging, highly aggressive tumors spreading fast. New PORT. 9 mnths Taxotere Fought fire w/fire! Pronounced in cautious remission 5/99. Taxotere weekly for 6 wks, 2 wks off -- for 9 mnths. TALK ABOUT GRUELING! (I believe they've altered that protocol since those days -- sure hope so!!)
+ good old Vit H wkly for 1st 3 yrs, then triple dosage ev 3 wks for 7 yrs more... The "easy" chemo, right?! Not a walk in the park, but not a freight train coming at 'ya either...

Added Herceptin Nov '98 (6 wks after FDA fast-tracked it for met bc). Stayed w/Vit H till July '08! Now I AM FREE! Humbly and eternally grateful for this life-saving drug! NED since '99 and planning on keeping it that way. To hell w/poor prognosis and nasty stats! STOPPED VIT H JULY '08...! REMAIN STABLE... Eternally grateful...Yes is a world & in this world of yes live (skillfully curled) all worlds ... (e e cummings) EVERY DAY I BEAT MY PREVIOUS RECORD FOR # OF CONSECUTIVE DAYS I'VE STAYED ALIVE. Smile KNOWING you too can be a miracle. Up to me and God now...
Andrea Barnett Budin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2007, 10:47 AM
PinkGirl
This message has been deleted by PinkGirl.
Old 10-25-2012, 03:04 PM   #4
Cat

Smile Re: ~Daily Inspirational Quotes.....

Saw this stopped in 2007 and thought I would post my refrigerator magnets and see where it goes.

Get on your knees and thank God you're still on your feet

Each day I make my To-Do list but the only thing I cross off is "lose mind."

We plan, God Laughs

Smiles to everyone at least once a day
bilat mastectomy w/TRAM
32 rads
9/08 recurrance 4 sternal nodes
mediastinoscopy, able to remove 3
taxotere, carboplatin, herceptin, x6
continue herceptin indefinately
5/10 recurrance in same node/area
mediastinoscopy, removed nodes
added tykerb
27 rads
10/18/10 PET shows inflammation no active disease
8/2011 recurrence one right mediastinal node, xeloda and proton radiation to node.
D/C xeloda due to toxicity
12/5 PET scan clear
2/2012 colon blockage, breast cancer
(never thought it could go there! thought I was constipated)
start abraxane, herceptin, continue tykerb
10/2012 Kidney ablation (renal CA!)
3/2013 CT and biopsy R kidney (BC met to R kidney)
4/4/2013 Begin Kadcyla
7/30/13 Craniotomy cerebellar mets, 1.7cm 3cm
Sept 4-6 post op cyberknife
Sept 23 ablation right kidney (blow up pesky breast ca met)
Oct headaches MRI Oct 10 (only surgical changes ! Yay!)
Short of breath. CT, pulmonary function, echo
New crap in right lung heart good. Pooh!
12/13 DC kadcyla. Begin halaven
2/14 MRI brain NED Yay!
4/3/14 CT mostly stable but breast mets r kidney growing
4/16/14 ablation right kidney again
Continue halaven, tykerb
dc halaven gemzar?
2nd opinion May 14
Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 08:19 AM   #5
lasarles

Re: ~Daily Inspirational Quotes.....

" I want to be be the kind of woman, that when my feet hit the floor in the morning, the devil (cancer) says, " oh crap!" She's up!
3/13/12 44th Birthday, Mammogram, Ultrasound.
3/15/12 Needle Biopsy on Lump and Suspicious Node.
3/20/12 Dreadful "C" Word.
ER90% PR90% Her2+
1 cm, IDC, Stage 1, Grade 2
4/19/12 Portecath, Lumpectomy & Sentinel Node Removal. 0/4 Node Involvement...Yea!!
Margins Clear......Yea!!
5/17/12 Chemo Begins. TCH x 4.
Herceptin Weekly x 4, every 3 wks thereafter for 1 yr. Muga Scans every 3 mos.
8/13/12 Rads x 30
9/24/12 Start Tamoxifen
10/22/12 CT/Whole Body Bone Scan. No Cancer Detected......Yea!
1/31/13 Annual Mammogram and Ultrasound....NED....:)
5/23/13 Final Herceptin Appt
6/25/13 Port Removal
5/2017 Stop Tamoxifen (Thickening of Uterine Walls)
5/2017 Start Arimadex
6/2018 Start Lupron Shot
9/2019 Stop Arimidex and Lupron Shot
6/2020 Last Oncology Appt
4/2024 NED (No Evidence of Disease)
lasarles is offline   Reply With Quote