HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 12-12-2006, 12:05 AM   #1
Chelee

I thought most people had the *combo* PET/CT scan done these days. It seems Sherri & Liz have both had this PET/CT scan. For the ones that haven't...this machine does BOTH at once. This saves a person from going to have a PET scan...then seperately to have a CT. This is a TWO in one machine so to speak.

Your right Sherri, my orders were for a PET/CT. I did drink clear baruim first...then taken in the back to sit in the chair as they inject me with the radioactive dye & then you have to sit there for one hour with NO reading, moving, nothing. Then was put in the machine & they do what I thought was the PET part of the scan...then MID way through they stopped it & slide me out enough to inject contrast into an IV in my arm.

Its just THIS time the PET report says nothing unlike my PRIOR two PET/CT scans? All it said was refer to CT. The CT report was detailed. I was more interested in getting the PET part of my scan due to *increased uptake* they found in areas in the prior two PET's. I wanted to see if it was gone...unchanged...or what?

When I put the CD in my laptop I can ONLY find the CT part of scan. No PET images? So since they were missing on the CD...and the report said nothing...it made me think they ONLY ran a CT scan on this machine? But I did NOT know if it was even possible to run JUST a CT on this combo machine? (Strange?)
I called down there today & the head of the oncology Dept. thinks its strange too & is looking into it.
I just wanted the PET report after going through all that. But since the the PET wasn't on the CD...and the report was missing...Thats what made me think they MIGHT be able to have the machine JUST run a CT WITHOUT the PET if the wanted too? Thats what lead to my orignal question.

For you that did not know, you CAN request a copy of your PET/CT. They will gladly put in on a CD for you. All they ask is I give them a day or two in order to have it ready for me.

Chelee
Finished yr of wkly herceptin 3-19-07
3-15-07 Lt side prophylactic simple mastectomy. -- Ooph 4-05-07
9-21-09 PET/CT "Recurrence" to Rt. axllia, Rt. femur, ilium. Possible Sacrum & liver? Now stage IV.
9-28-09 Loading dose of Herceptin & started Zometa
9-29-09 Power Port Placement
10-24-09 Mass 6.4 x 4.7 cm on Rt. femur head.
11-19-09 RT. Femur surgery - Rod placed
12-7-09 Navelbine added to Herceptin/Zometa.
3-23-10 Ten days of rads to RT femur. Completed.
4-05-10 Quit Navelbine--Herceptin/Zometa alone.
5-4-10 Appt. with Dr. Slamon to see what is next? Waiting on FISH results from femur biopsy.
Results to FISH was unsuccessful--this happens less then 2% of the time.
7-7-10 Recurrence to RT axilla again. Back to UCLA for options.
Chelee is offline   Reply With Quote