HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-14-2006, 07:22 PM   #1
Liz J.
Senior Member
 
Liz J.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 274
Question Fosamax? Zometa?

Hi all,

I know I may be reading into this, but I am concerned that my Onc. knows something I don't. Yesterday, out of the blue he asked me if I am taking Fosamax. Strangely, my PCP had prescribed this a few months ago but I never took it as I heard/read about too many side effects. I told him this yesterday (after he pushed the Fosamax) and he said that if I don't take the Fosamax I will end up needing Zometa. I didn't know what Zometa was until I asked him. I see that many on the support group get Zometa, but I thought it was some form of chemo. He wants me to have a bone density, yes I am due for one. But, I don't know why he is pushing this before the density test. I am due for a bone scan in January as I have not had one since last January. I have not complained to either DR. about bone pain. I didn't ask too many questions at the time, but of course when I came home and started to do my research I see that bone mets can be picked up in blood tests if there is too much calcium. Now I am wondering why he is sending me for density and not the scan yet and why all of a sudden he is insisting on the Fosamax. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Sincerely,

Liz J.
Liz J. is offline   Reply With Quote
 

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 10:12 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright HER2 Support Group 2007 - 2021
free webpage hit counter