HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-16-2006, 05:13 PM   #1
CLTann
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 476
Are bladder and kidney potential metastasis sites?

I just had a routine bladder exam. The doctor said there is trace of blood in the urine. I am stage 1, ER/PR +, Her2 +++. I had mastec but no chemo and no radiation. I am post menopause and on Arimidex. The original cancer was 1 cm and no node involvement. My one year exam of the other breast showed no reccurrence.

This trace of blood worries me. Anyone ever got bladder or kidney metastasis? Of course, there are myriads of reason for micro-hematuria and some causes are totally unknown and the symptoms come and go. Still, my worry beads start me on a tangential projectile. I am somewhat distressed.

Please give me some advice on the likelihood of a more serious problem. Thank all of you who care to reply.

Ann
CLTann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2006, 05:18 PM   #2
penelope
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 153
I am not a medical professional but I think a kidney infection is more likely.
__________________

penelope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2006, 05:32 PM   #3
lisahammo
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Victoria, Australia
Posts: 95
Thumbs up

Sorry, don't know the likelihood of mets, but I always have blood in my urine. And not just tiny traces. Has been going on for years and years, well before my bc diagnosis. Not sure what causes it, but it does not affect me.

Always worth looking into though.

Good luck.

Lisa
lisahammo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2006, 06:16 PM   #4
Becky
Senior Member
 
Becky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Stockton, NJ
Posts: 4,179
Ann


I am plagued with UTIs from the "low estrogen state" of being on Arimidex. The thinning of the tissues of the bladder, urethra and vagina can cause this if Armidex is really working (at least it works). I pee blood (then the pain can begin). My PCP watches over me like a hawk and I actually go in tomorrow. I will probably end up on low doses of antibiotics periodically to prevent this.

Mets to these areas would be very rare.

Kindest regards

Becky
Becky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2006, 09:35 AM   #5
CLTann
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 476
I really appreciate your answers, which put me at a relative ease. I will apply some ointment to combat the dryness. In a few weeks, I will have another test to see whether it is better. Thanks.

Ann
CLTann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2006, 11:33 AM   #6
panicked911
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 115
blood in urine

I too, had bloodin urine - trace amounts about 2 years before the b/c was discovered - went from doc to doc urologist to urologist - searching searching , test after bloody test.. only to discover that cyct found by first doc on kidney was the likely culprit .. after a year went away...

hope this helps

Susanne
panicked911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:45 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright HER2 Support Group 2007 - 2021
free webpage hit counter