HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-21-2004, 01:29 AM   #2
Kitty
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Nikki,

Time to take a deep breath and slow down. First of all I was diagnosed in 6/02 with er/pr-, her2+++ bc, 2 tumors each about 1.2 cm, 7 cm of DCIS and 15 of 19 positive nodes. I entered the clinical trial to get herceptin with AC&T and of course was not selected to get the herceptin. 4 rounds of AC, 4 rounds of taxol, mastectomy and 28 days of radiation was my treatment. I was fine until 10/03 when we discover mets in my liver, largest being 6.8 cm. I did not freak out because I knew that I would now get herceptin plus chemo and I had faith it would work. I am very happy to tell you that after weekly taxol/carboplatin/herceptin treatments I have a tiny spot, possibly scar tissue remaining and I am doing well. I feel great and am in no pain and outside of losing my hair, I had have no problems (quite frankly it is hard to believe I was stage iv). No one can predict if and when it will return, but if it does you will have herceptin. It is a wonderful drug. If that doesn't work there are others out there. I want you to do two things: 1) Don't spend all your time worrying about things you cannot control, and 2) Look at the possibility of a recurrence more like a chronic illness such as diabetes and the herceptin is like insulin. Diabetes must be controlled or it will result in an unfavorable outcome; cancer can be the same way. There are lots of people who are stage iv who are brought into remission and live quite long and healthy lives. You cannot control the cancer, but you can control whether you will allow it to interfere with your life. Hope this helps. Hang in there.
Hugs,
Kitty
  Reply With Quote
 

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 08:50 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright HER2 Support Group 2007 - 2021
free webpage hit counter