HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-19-2004, 01:17 PM   #2
jessica
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
This time last year, I had endured 8 weeks of Navelbine+Herceptin that was ineffective, then 27 weeks on a clinical trial drug+Taxol that reduced the tumor load in my liver from "multiple, innumerable" to little speckles.My CT scans (every 6 weeks) appeared to be "stable" w/little significant decrease, so my doc took me off tx to give me a "break".The reasoning was that while chemo was continuing to hammer my body, it was no longer causing significant shrinking of the remaining tumor specks AND I could potentially be "stable" for an indefinite period.
I was VERY fearful, but it seemed to make sense.I took 3 weeks of ALL tx, NO HERCEPTIN in that 3 weeks.Unfortunately the follow up scan showed "suspicious activity" in my liver again & my lung.So I went back on tx-Herceptin+Taxol.
After 12 weeks my followup CT scans looked good, but the "speckles" were still there unchanged. I had a follow up PET scan and discovered that those speckles that had been unchanged for all those months were actually scar tissue.That meant I was NED!That was 8 months ago & counting.
I know it's a scary thought, but give your body a break if you & your doc agree it's a good time.Ask about a PET scan & definitely stay on Herceptin.Hope this is helpful.Take good care & keep the faith!
Jessica
  Reply With Quote
 

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 04:02 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright HER2 Support Group 2007 - 2021
free webpage hit counter