HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-13-2006, 04:43 AM   #2
koolbreeze
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: St. Louis Mo
Posts: 57
To Port or not to Port

I don't recall that I really made a conscious decision to have the port. I think it was more like recommended and scheduled and I just did it. I am sure I would have had a choice had I thought about it.

I had the port put in and have been glad to have it. When I first started my chemo it was difficult to get the port working sometimes. Not sure if it was a placement problem or clots or what but it added about 1/2 hour to my treatments in the beginning when I was on A/C every three weeks. Then when I went to weekly Taxol and Herceptin it straightened out and I have had no problems since then. I am again on every three weeks for Herceptin but it works every time.

I really appreciate the port and sometimes get irritated when I need blood work or anesthesia and they can't or won't use the port. Why get stuck when I have the port. Of course, my veins are not very easy to access so the port is a good thing for me. I like it.

Take care Kool
__________________
Kool

DX 3/05
Stage IIB 1.3cm w/ lymph node involvement
ER+++PR+, HER2+++ G3
Surgery - Left mastectomy 4/05, Lymph node removal 5/05, breast expander removal 6/05, partial thyroidectomy 7/05, Right mastectomy 1/06
Post Menopausal due to hyserectomy 2/03 (took hormone replacement)
Treatment - A/C, Taxol and Herceptin, Herceptin only (finish 10/06), Arimidex daily.
Age 50
koolbreeze is offline   Reply With Quote
 

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:47 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright HER2 Support Group 2007 - 2021
free webpage hit counter